Boston Marathon, a terror act

Started by
100 comments, last by Promit 11 years ago

That's pretty crazy shit. Closing an entire city, telling people NOT to go to work and drive, cops everywhere, that must be the first time i see that in my entire life. Does it hapenned elsewhere before? Im from canada so i dont know, here nothing bad ever happen, small town of 2000 habitants lol... streets look like this ALL the time.

The show of force was a bit excessive, yes.

You got local, state, and federal departments all in one spot, all armed for war.
Just to capture a 19 year-old nutcase with a shotgun.

Just how many trucks of tatical army men do you need to get this weeny guy?

Unless you're a dictator of a country, I don't see how one person can start a war with an entire country, but apparently, this guy has done just that. Pretty crazy or pretty sad, depending on how you look at it.

First, you don't know who that guy knows or what he's done up to the bombing. Second, US vs "one guy" is a bit of an overstatement. Either one of those guys was no Jack Bauer.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Advertisement

That's pretty crazy shit. Closing an entire city, telling people NOT to go to work and drive, cops everywhere, that must be the first time i see that in my entire life. Does it hapenned elsewhere before? Im from canada so i dont know, here nothing bad ever happen, small town of 2000 habitants lol... streets look like this ALL the time.

October 1970. It shames me that someone who claims to be Canadian would display such ignorance of his or her own history.

Stephen M. Webb
Professional Free Software Developer

First, you don't know who that guy knows or what he's done up to the bombing. Second, US vs "one guy" is a bit of an overstatement. Either one of those guys was no Jack Bauer.

Well, Bostonites won't be applauding after they get the bill for half a billion dollars for shutting down an entire city. You can thank the Republicans for building up our security forces and our wasting money on security programs that do nothing to keep us safe. Even now, they're trying to sneak pass bills in Congress that continue to erode our constitutional rights, while filling their own pockets with money.

Even now, they're trying to sneak pass bills in Congress that continue to erode our constitutional rights, while filling their own pockets with money.

I think you just described every politician (not just Republicans).

Anyway, let's spice up this thread a little:

[attachment=15141:904448_10151567173874399_225667092_o.jpg]

That's photo is from today (Saturday) from a marathon in Salt Lake (where I live). I guess even citizens were beefing up security after Boston.

[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

My first three results from fox news on vaccines all state there is no risk.

My

">first
">three
#!">results say the opposite. I think your google search is falling victim to their PR cleanup attempts.

I think you've just created another ignorance based conspiracy :)

You didn't bother to actually watch any of those videos I take it?

Video one:

Donald Trump says he thinks they cause autism, at which point, the Fox News host Gretchen Carlson says "And you know that most physicians disagree with that and the studies have said that there is no link. It used to be thought it was the mercury in those vaccinations, which they have not had for years, and yet we're at the highest number in recent times of autism, so maybe it's environmental".

The Fox News host just debunked the claim and proceeded to blame pollution.

Video two "The vaccine for measles, mumps, etc aggravated an unknown mitochondrial disorder that Hannah had which did not cause her autism, the court found, but resulted in it".

So they reported on a legal ruling. Oh my!

Video three is the same story as video two.

But thanks for backing me up by mistake ;)

"You can't say no to waffles" - Toxic Hippo

Donald Trump says he thinks they cause autism, at which point, the Fox News host Gretchen Carlson says...

They still gave him airtime, which is more than one should for crackpot theories.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

All foreign groups immediately denied responsibility because they don't want to fight the US on their own soil. The news says it's counter-productive.Which means the US is mostly at war with their own citizens. Everything that they have been doing lately, adding more and layers of security, has been to take away rights of the average citizen. Would you feel more safe if every town is locked down, so they can search for local suspects, for everday crimes? Give up a little freedom, and we'll find'em quicker.

This event ended quickly not because of massive dragnets, house-to-house searches, or our mighty show of security forces, but because someone phoned in a tip.

Excessive show of force, indeed.

That's photo is from today (Saturday) from a marathon in Salt Lake (where I live). I guess even citizens were beefing up security after Boston.

Somehow I missed this.

Running a marathon in a kevlar vest has got to be some kind of accomplishment - those things don't breath very well.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

If foreign groups are no longer interested in waging war against us on our own soil, then why does our government continue to pass security programs that we don't need? They must have forgotten to tell us about this little fact. It's certainly a good way to make money, for Republicans at least. Sell us security programs based on fear.

Somehow I missed this.

Running a marathon in a kevlar vest has got to be some kind of accomplishment - those things don't breath very well.

Considering he has no numbers on, he might be a running security from one point to another. But I don't have any correct info.

Edit: after all, that is open carry gun, power bar, and maybe flask of water inside the left pouch.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement