• Create Account

Diffuse Lighting Problem

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 hatfarm   Members   -  Reputation: 224

0Likes

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:00 PM

So, the best way to show what the problem is is to post a picture:

My Test Stuff.5_5_21_44_32.png

As you can see, my light does not cover the whole map.  I've implemented it following this tutorial: http://ogldev.atspace.co.uk/www/tutorial18/tutorial18.html . No matter how I set the direction, it doesn't light the bottom part of the map.  I don't think it's a problem with the normals being calculated properly, but I really can't think of what else it could possibly be.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails

• My Test Stuff.5_5_21_44_32.png

Sponsor:

#2 hatfarm   Members   -  Reputation: 224

0Likes

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

Haha, I worked for a day on this and I just couldn't figure it out.  Then, I post this and I almost immediately figure it out.  It wasn't a problem with calculating the normals, it was a problem with uploading them.  I was telling it that the array was much smaller than it actually was...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS