• Create Account

What Framework/Engine for Windows Store/WP8

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 striker87   Members   -  Reputation: 118

0Likes

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

I was wondering what is the suggested framework/engine for creating games for Windows Store/WP8 that is also able to port to other devices as well. I want to try to find something that uses C++ which I have looked at Cocos2D-X and have been unsuccessful in getting their beta to work and haven't got any feedback yet on their forums. Is there something just as equally as good for C++? C# is also another option which right now I'm waiting for Synapse Gaming to release their next version of their SunBurn engine as it will be platform independent. Anyways, I'd like to hear what suggestions you all might have and will appreciate any feedback.

Sponsor:

#2 cdxrd   Members   -  Reputation: 198

0Likes

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

C# & Monogame... then later add in Xamarin and you get iOS, Android, playstation, wii, oouya, windows, windows 8, mac os, Linux, windows phone, etc.. all with mostly the same codebase..

Squiggly Frog - My little project place on the web. Updated as I see fit. =)

#3 Taylor Ringo   Members   -  Reputation: 176

0Likes

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

Rapid2D maybe?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS