How many licenses to buy? (1 per team member or..?)

Started by
4 comments, last by Waaayoff 10 years, 11 months ago

If you want to buy a game engine or a 3d modelling software, do you have to buy a single item for every member that uses it? or one for entire team? (Assuming everyone works on a different machine)

"Spending your life waiting for the messiah to come save the world is like waiting around for the straight piece to come in Tetris...even if it comes, by that time you've accumulated a mountain of shit so high that you're fucked no matter what you do. "
Advertisement

If you want to buy a game engine or a 3d modelling software, do you have to buy a single item for every member that uses it? or one for entire team? (Assuming everyone works on a different machine)

it depends on the engine/software, some high end software do offer site licences which tend to be cheaper than per-seat/user licenses.

[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

I have 3ds max and Unity 3D Pro in mind

"Spending your life waiting for the messiah to come save the world is like waiting around for the straight piece to come in Tetris...even if it comes, by that time you've accumulated a mountain of shit so high that you're fucked no matter what you do. "

I have 3ds max and Unity 3D Pro in mind

Unity3D Pro is per seat/user, atleast for small companies (if you are big enough everything is negotiable).

I'd expect the same to be true for 3dsmax (I havn't checked, we use Blender at work since its a lot cheaper(free) and more than good enough)

[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

It depends on the software. Unity is a per seat licsence. Max is usually a per seat licsence but, they also do a group one which costs a lot of money.

Ok thanks :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement