The Week of Awesome: Unofficial GDNet Competition

Started by
132 comments, last by Orymus3 9 years, 6 months ago

Dinosaur paratroopers!

image.png

Advertisement

Graphics won't do. But the game is the same.

cnckRhM.jpg

Well, this is all I have so far:

pkkn.png

(The ground texture is from my WIP non-competition game)

But come thursday night, I think I'll have things looking beautifully in-game.

Well I haven't had time to make anything at all yet other than writing down a few notes. If I get a chance to make a game it will probably be a platformer starring mammals, but I won't say more than that.

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-

Managed to work on rather mundane inner workings. Scripting is now working, also level win check and prepare next level are implemented. Currently trying to add lots of diverse obstacles, as the gameplay is not really difficult at all.

wip_shot2.png

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

The fuc.

I wish I were unemployed again so I could dedicate full time for this competition, but can't make an entry. The posted ones look awesome, so one eye is crying and the other is laughing. The third is itching at the moment because of this cursed allergy.

I wish I were unemployed again

Now that's the easy part ;)

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

This is what happens when you crash into the water.

[attachment=17525:20.png]

The sound effect that accompanies this is a bit bombastic. Today is mostly a sound foley day.

My game is titled "#DOLO: Dinosaurs only live once"

Here is a first screenshot:

[attachment=17531:title.jpg]

Edit:

Here are two revised screenshots:

[attachment=17532:progress1_1.jpg]

[attachment=17533:progress1_2.jpg]

Have the full day available to work on the game, so maybe now I can finally get some things done.

0z5i.png

Dinosaur with shadows, animated and walking. East/west animations are done, but not north/south.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement