Installshield LE not working

Started by
1 comment, last by jbadams 10 years, 6 months ago

after i installed installshield LE 213 with visual studio 2012 express i can't see setup and deployment under project templates...

this is very annoying... I've tried reinstalling several times with no luck..... anyone had the same problem? know how to fix this?

Advertisement

I don't think this is compatible with Visual Studio Express. I don't even know if you're allowed by the EULA to release software with it, so supporting an install tool for pre-release doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

You could always use the free NSIS. Personally, I use that professionally to create setup projects for my jobs, and it works great. You have to use a (very simple) scripting language instead of having a point-and-click interface, but unless you have a very complex project to install, it is pretty straightforwards.

I don't think this is compatible with Visual Studio Express. I don't even know if you're allowed by the EULA to release software with it

This Visual Studio Express EULA doesn't limit or prevent distribution, even of commercial products. smile.png

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement