14 comments, last by Tutorial Doctor 10 years, 5 months ago

GAME UPDATED

New Links
Onslaught for Windows
Onslaught for MacOS
Onslaught for Linux
Scripts (C#)

Fixes & Updates

--Added "Aim/Look" controls with mouse. Left/Right Arrows now strafe rather than rotate.

--Added a per-session High-Score counter.

--Added more sound-effects (biting and hurt sounds)

--Added an attack animation to the zombies

--Changed "Shoot" control to Left Click. Also, holding down Left-Click repeatedly shoots pistol.

--Changed the zombies walk animation.

--Zombies now should not get stuck

--Shooting repeatedly no longer lags game.

--Fixed bug that caused player to raise into the ceiling

--Fixed bug that allowed killing zombies after being killed

Scheduled
---Difficulty too steep; pause before respawning; a break after killing X amount of zombies (Requested by several! First, O-san)

--Fix the cursor in "windowed" games to prevent it leaving the game screen.

--Much larger, open arena for players to explore and die in.

I've updated my first 3D game, titled Onslaught. It's made with Unity, and the premise is simple: Stay alive as long as possible.

I'd love to have you all try it out, offer some suggestions, opinions, bug reports and some outside perspectives on the source scripts from some of you more experienced Unity Developers.

Because this forums "code" option totally butchers the scripts when I copy them down, I'll be zipping all the *.cs into a download for you who would be generous enough to offer some advice and insight. (Note: My faded logo scene works perfectly, as far as I know, so I won't bother with screenshots or source codes for it)..

Lastly, here are screenshots of the Start Menu and Game scenes to give you an idea of my hierarchies and so forth.

Start_Menu.jpg
Game_Scene.jpg

Advertisement

Hehe. Im dizzy after that one. The menu looks cool. It has the polish of Max Payne for the PC (Which I think is good). Quite obviously you have to working on the controls (can't aim).

One of your zombies got stuck in a wall. haha. It also lagged quite a bit when pressing the spacebar in succession (perhaps the difference between an onkeyup and onkeydown function?)

However! I think it is good for you doing it alone. You should look into modular design. Also, you can make a far better looking area quicker using Google Sketchup. Something like this:

Screenshot%20%28881%29.png

They call me the Tutorial Doctor.

Game Updated; feedback would be appreciated.

Not sure what's the cause but killing zombie (?) instantly spawns another one. Do spawn timers queue somehow? This causes number of zombies to go out of control way too quickly. Got 27 kills on 2nd attempt.

Nice work so far, but I think you are not resetting the cursor position as when I try and and rotate my view my mouse ends up right off the screen.

Engineering Manager at Deloitte Australia

Not sure what's the cause but killing zombie (?) instantly spawns another one. Do spawn timers queue somehow? This causes number of zombies to go out of control way too quickly. Got 27 kills on 2nd attempt.

Actually that's how it's set so far. Starting with a max of 10 enemies, each spawns one. When you kill zombie, the max goes up one and each spawn point spawns one, up to the max.

After checking, I do think there's a bug making all of them spawn (probably increasing the max too much by some error)

Nice work so far, but I think you are not resetting the cursor position as when I try and and rotate my view my mouse ends up right off the screen.

You might be right, I've always played it full screen, so I haven't even checked on the cursors position lol.

Thanks both of you for taking some time to check it out!!!

Yeah incredibly hard, haha. Would be awesome to slow the zombies down, and speed up the user a little bit. I really like it.

Definitely will do. I'm planning to start adding all that this week, and more:

--Lower zombie spawn rates (keep the incrementing maximum, only have them timed rather than spawn instantly.

--Fix the issue with the cursor on "Windowed" mode

--Replace the small map with a full on, multi-level arena. (More places for you to die in!

--Adding "Health" to the zombies (with head shots resulting in instant kills) --- This may take a while, I've never used colliders like this.

--The Fates will take away your unlimited ammunition... and place it on zombie corpses. ^_^

--Perhaps a second "hidden" weapon...

Your host website is not letting me download the windows version anymore.

They call me the Tutorial Doctor.

Your host website is not letting me download the windows version anymore.

Re-uploaded to THIS link

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement