Digital Trading Card Game / MMORPG Project

Started by
95 comments, last by EminenceFlora 9 years, 1 month ago
A new force of the Hollows Division who seeks a hostile oblivion, Millennia.
millennia_by_shoelesspeacock-d7r3ubh.png
Advertisement

A presentation of some in game screens showcasing the variety of landscapes featured in Eminence.

4ui1xv.jpg

A dying world, plagued by the premise of a raging star which stands close to destruction. Will you save it?
archaics_by_shoelesspeacock-d7rokly.png
The harbinger of death, Evalisk, resides in the rifts of a timeless void... http://buff.ly/1pfgoc6
evalisk_by_shoelesspeacock-d7s372t.jpg

I think the The Divine Sage has a great color layout.

Developer with a bit of Kickstarter and business experience.

YouTube Channel: Hostile Viking Studio
Twitter: @Precursors_Dawn

The Eminence Marketplace - your one stop shop for all card, equipment and gear needs.
10536913_352440588240371_433620778433866

A dying world, plagued by the premise of a raging star which stands close to destruction. Will you save it?

That setting!

Woah!

I quite like the cards, the low saturated setting and the somewhat unique style they give of . However the colors and the style of the game and avatars itself seem a bit to flashy, shiny and cute to me personally. It feels like it is two different worlds are mixing - the former being more mature then second being more fresh and youth like. If I had to give an example in terms of target audience - mixing Magic the Gathering with Zenonia or even more extreme - Animal Farm (just as an example).

It wouldn't have been to bad to see something different to the usual in the game world as well instead of just the same old thematic that repeats itself time after time especially since the cards have such an unique design! I was kinda expecting something like the tron world (just an example). Yes you can mix absolutely different worlds if it 's a game in a game but that doesn't mean it might still leave a shallow feeling behind it, like you were to scared to follow an unusual attempt or were trying to much to into two directions at the same time.

That goes without saying that 's only about the overall art-style and feeling to it - and not the gameplay itself.

Looking forward to trying it out anyway.

Cheers! smile.png

I don't sleep - I drink coffee!

I quite like the cards, the low saturated setting and the somewhat unique style they give of . However the colors and the style of the game and avatars itself seem a bit to flashy, shiny and cute to me personally. It feels like it is two different worlds are mixing - the former being more mature then second being more fresh and youth like. If I had to give an example in terms of target audience - mixing Magic the Gathering with Zenonia or even more extreme - Animal Farm (just as an example).

It wouldn't have been to bad to see something different to the usual in the game world as well instead of just the same old thematic that repeats itself time after time especially since the cards have such an unique design! I was kinda expecting something like the tron world (just an example). Yes you can mix absolutely different worlds if it 's a game in a game but that doesn't mean it might still leave a shallow feeling behind it, like you were to scared to follow an unusual attempt or were trying to much to into two directions at the same time.

That goes without saying that 's only about the overall art-style and feeling to it - and not the gameplay itself.

Looking forward to trying it out anyway.

Cheers! smile.png

Hi justyourimage! Thank you for the kind comments! When talking about the avatars, we understand completely where you are coming from. Which is why we plan to implement even more styles to further customise your avatar more to your liking. We will produce a graphic showcasing this as an update in the next week or so, not to mention our trailer will be out soon which should give you a better idea of how the game will look and play.

Regarding our approach of art style, this was driven by the storyline:

"Within the previous events of the current timeline in Eminence, three Divine Archaics foresaw a prophecy where the world would finally be rid of its endless loop of destruction in the next cycle. For this to happen, they predicted a timeline of events necessary to occur in order for the world to be salvaged. In the discovery, Xander uncovered numerous cards etched with the faces of different individuals who appeared to have a key role to play in the predicted events. The scriptures warned that the individuals marked on the cards must never become aware of their fate, for the prophecy would distort – creating an alternate line of events which could continue to push the world into despair."

To reflect this we looked to our own history for inspiration, combining elements of Ancient Egypt's hieroglyphics and church stained glass windows to develop a style deep in mythology. We have also paid careful attention to merge and include these elements in certain parts of the game world when it is relevant to the story. Hopefully you'll find that it works quite well ...

We've planned it out so that when the player discovers this area within the story and sees this visual connection between all the art styles, the impact the player experiences will be that much more meaningful than if the whole game was to look the same.

Hm okay that sounds pretty nice. The graphical execution is pretty good anyway ...

Just looking at that featurelist and it being an MMORPG I'm really looking forward to it.

Even more so if it 's based on a nice story, which is something most MMORPGs

always struggle with - and that Introduction sounds promising to me.

Ai, can't wait!

I don't sleep - I drink coffee!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement