Did I begin learning late?

Started by
47 comments, last by crancran 9 years, 8 months ago

i mean i want to learn python & web languages & Networking,,,not python only

i want to be professional and be better than who make fun of me and told me i don't know anything

Careful, you should only learn anything because it interests you and is fun for you. If you learn it to prove someone wrong then you may not pay attention enough to actually learn it properly. Forget what small people think of you and learn it because you want to not because you want to prove your intelligence. I've been programming for ~20 years and continually run into people demanding proof, but the key is that I don't let their doubt control my personal view or what I know is the truth. If you want to learn python, web languages, and networking; then learn them, but for yourself and not because of someone else.

Yes iam learning for myself because i want to learn :) not to prove ,, :) but i want to be better than him & be professional :)

Advertisement
I am glad I came across this thread. I'm 33 and I am just now starting on a path of learning a language. I have not even completely decided on the language I want to start with. I would love to be 15 years old and be starting to learn programming.

I was just reading about how the average life-span a little over 100 years ago was about 35 and that made me feel ancient, but then considering that I'm going to my aunts 99th birthday party next week I think I still have plenty of time! Keep a strong attitude and stay focused on what you want. I'm not going to let anyone tell me I'm too old, you shouldn't either.

i will learn i want to be professional

I am curious, and mean this as honest feedback, quoting the line above on purpose.

Are you ESL ( English as Second Language )?

If this is the case, I applaud you on your ability to communicate. Your message is being clearly delivered. However, you should spend a bit of time ( literally an afternoon ), learning about proper use of case ( capitalization ) and to a lesser degree, paragraph composition. You are choosing the correct words, you just need to format them correctly.

If not, then I highly suggest you work on, or take more time when composing a post. In all professions and even endeavours, clear communication is important. Even in something like a message on these forums, there is a certain percentage of the population that wont respond to a post that they view as lazy. More to the point, the better you are at communicating your issue, the better people understand your issue and thus, the better the quality of response you get.

Besides, it really doesn't take any more time or effort in the long run.

"The day we stop learning is the day we die." - Michael Scott

It's never too late.

There is no option called LATE. I didnt even started learning it. I am now 24. You can start anything anytime. But Dont leave it unfinished. learn from the heart.

I'm 15 Years Old
Do I begin learning python late?
i want to learn python & web languages & Networking

Age doesn't matter in learning. When I was 15, only programs I knew were TV programs. I started coding when I was 19. So, no it's not too late.

However, just because you want to become a programmer does not mean you can become a programmer. Programming requires good grasp on logical reasoning and tremendous patience. Choose programming only if you are really good at maths and have extra ordinary patience to sit for hours and code, which is not fun at all, at times. Especially if you are working on, extending or fixing a poorly documented someone else's work.

I was ten when i took myself in program with basic. It was fun and interesting. When i was 18 I go to university to learn economics disciplines. After two years I will go to work as content manager, I successfully learned HTML and CSS. In 20 years old I begin to learn pascal and JavaScript, I lost many time to order new knowledge to clearly understanding. I have a lot expirence with front-end and markup. Now I'm 25 years old. I work with Big crm for documents management, with 1000 custom classes on JavaScript and Java play framework + activity engine. I know python, JavaScript as well. I can code on C#, Java, C, can develop SQL bases, backend. But I don't know mathematics, algoritms. I starting to learn it, and setting myself to become professional. I reading books and get practice new things, and cycle it process again and again. For code games I learn that coder need well knowledge of trigenometry and linear algebra as minimum requirements. My dream is developing game engines like starcraft 2. I very interesting in all computer science disciplines. But I can give one tip. Don't waste your time on another things, get your course and keep it, in some time you ask your self, wow I can do things, than no else can do! Good luck! Sorry for my bad English, written on iPad, doesn't use translator. Thx!

I was ten when i took myself in program with basic. It was fun and interesting. When i was 18 I go to university to learn economics disciplines. After two years I will go to work as content manager, I successfully learned HTML and CSS. In 20 years old I begin to learn pascal and JavaScript, I lost many time to order new knowledge to clearly understanding. I have a lot expirence with front-end and markup. Now I'm 25 years old. I work with Big crm for documents management, with 1000 custom classes on JavaScript and Java play framework + activity engine. I know python, JavaScript as well. I can code on C#, Java, C, can develop SQL bases, backend. But I don't know mathematics, algoritms. I starting to learn it, and setting myself to become professional. I reading books and get practice new things, and cycle it process again and again. For code games I learn that coder need well knowledge of trigenometry and linear algebra as minimum requirements. My dream is developing game engines like starcraft 2. I very interesting in all computer science disciplines. But I can give one tip. Don't waste your time on another things, get your course and keep it, in some time you ask your self, wow I can do things, than no else can do! Good luck! Sorry for my bad English, written on iPad, doesn't use translator. Thx!

Nice

& Thanks all :)

I'm learning now

Never Give up !

& i will be better than who make fun of me but for myself because i love programming :)

why down votes ?!

why down votes ?!

I can't answer for the person who did it, but my guess would be because you started repeating yourself without saying anything new.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement