Tutorial Series

Started by
29 comments, last by riuthamus 9 years, 4 months ago

Personally I would like to see a topic on anatomy, I find that it's the largest deference between programmer art and professional art.

Anatomy is also useful for 2D, 3D and animation art.

Advertisement

Personally I would like to see a topic on anatomy, I find that it's the largest deference between programmer art and professional art.

Anatomy is also useful for 2D, 3D and animation art.

Good point. Took me over 3 years of working on and off on my test character sculpts to get my anatomy to a level I see now as "semi-photorealistic" (good enough to fool the average joe, even though the educated person might still spot inconsistencies).

And I had an extremly hard time finding the right reference. In the end I downloaded the DAZ 3D studio, forked out the cash for a good poser model, and worked with a combination of anatomy books, google images and the 3D models in the DAZ 3D Studio.

I guess forking over the cash for good 3D Anatomy models would have been an even better choice, yet some of them are ridicously expensive (meant for the medical sector obviously).

Seeing how other 3D artist work for a realistic looking anatomical sculpt would be a blessing.

Hm... i will add that in as well. it would go great with the Shapes concept I have been working for tutorial 01.

Not to sound like a jerk or anything but what kind of weekly tutorial can we expect to have when its over 40 days just for the first one. I dont mean to sound impatient but people shouldn't make promises they cant keep. I really got excited for this and it turns out to be nothing.

Hey, give the man some breathing space. I mean, yes, its been a long time, but maybe, you know, REAL LIFE happened, as it usually does when your unto something good. Real life is a b*tch just waiting for you to finally sit down to create your masterpiece... then it will hit you hard! :)

I still hope riuthamus gets around to do a first tutorial, but if turns out its a monthly tutorial, I am perfectly happy with that. It is, after all, a free service somebody is providing on the net, so anything you get is awesome.

Having said that, an update as to IF the first tutorial is still on its way, maybe a rough ETA, or an explanation if and why the idea got dropped might not only ease the mind of guys still eager for the series, but might hype people waiting for it even more.

I have finished the tutorial parts. I am working on the writeup. Sadly, real life has taken a toll on most of the art stuff. I am in the works of a move from the Cali to Hawaii. On top of that I was stuck with duty (extra work for military people, mandatory not punitive) all last week and was unable to work on anything art related. I am making it a personal goal to have this completed and posted by Friday. I do appreciate your interest and apologize for the delay.

hey riuthamus, good to hear everything is on track. Don't worry about the delay, RL happens to all of us sometimes (its all graphics and no content, but sadly you cannot skip the cutscenes.... sooooo many annoying Quicktime events! :) )

It's actually a relief to hear it is just a job related thing and not something graver (like health related or something like that).

I would seriously love to learn from.those tutorials.

I have stickied the post, and will be adding the videos in today.

+1 I'd be interested in this.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement