image switching

Started by
3 comments, last by Dakota Day 9 years, 6 months ago
Could someone be so kind as to give a run down on how to switch an entities image by key press combined with the movement script. I have the movement script already I am just missing the script to make the entity visually face the direction being pressed. I would just look through what is posted on the angelcode site but it doesn't like my phone very much.
Advertisement

I'm sorry, but I don't know what you're talking about.

It sounds like you may be working with some game engine, and possibly that game engine uses AngelScript as the scripting engine. If that is the case you need to ask the game engine's author how to do the task you desire to do, as it doesn't depend on the language but rather on what interface the game engine is exposing to the scripts.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Yes I am using the Ethanon Engine. I wasn't entirely sure if the change in images was a fairly standard script in Angel or not.

That would be a function provided by the Ethanon engine. You'll need to check the manual for Ethanon, or ask on the Ethanon forums for help on using it.

Regards,

Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Yeah that's where I've been looking. I just thought there might be something script side. I really like what I've seen so far with the script. seems easy to learn and rather straight forward.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement