3D to 2D problem

Started by
0 comments, last by HyperMan 22 years, 5 months ago
im doing a map editor where i have to convert a point from 3d to 2d screen-coordinates. i have 4 different views: x-view (2d-view along the x-axis), y-view (along the y-axis), z-view (along the z-axis) and a 3d-view, everything like in worldcraft. the default translation is -1000.0f on the z-axis(for zooming away or closer to the grid). i have 2 functions: Point2DTo3D (this already works, im using gluUnProject) and Point3DTo2D (this doesn''t work, im using gluProject). i checked the first function by converting the current mouse position (window-coords) to 3d coords and set a vertex at this location. every time i translated on the x,y or z-axis the 3d point was set on the correct position. to test the second function (point3dto2d) i just converted the 3d point back to 2d. if i translate on the x-axis the x and y window coords are correct, but if i translate on the y-axis the y window coord is totally wrong, why? do i do it correct: double wx,wy,wz; gluProject(x,y,0,modelview,projection,viewport,&wx,&wy,&wz); dont wonder about the zero, since im looking along the z-axis i dont care about this value. i think i have to do something with the y value before i call this function.
Advertisement
Subtract your y-coordinate from the height of the screen. The problem is that OpenGL and WinAPI have different understanding of where the point (0,0) lies

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement