Learning programming well

Started by
22 comments, last by alh420 8 years, 11 months ago

Not my only source, just the first one that came up when spending half a minute to check it.
It was only briefly mentioned in that video but was fully explained in another.

Thanks.

Yes, but it will be significantly harder for you than for someone who started younger.

Just as I thought. Oh well the only person to blame is myself biggrin.png

Advertisement

Oh well the only person to blame is myself

That shouldn’t be a news flash. Everything you don’t do is your own fault.
Were you living life until now under some other kind of pretext? Were you blaming people who bungee-jumped just because you haven’t?

Everything you do is your choice, and it really doesn’t matter if science says your brain should have stopped growing by now. That’s just a generalization.

As long as you are working towards it it may very well happen. Nothing else needs to be discussed.

L. Spiro

I restore Nintendo 64 video-game OST’s into HD! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCtX_wedtZ5BoyQBXEhnVZw/playlists?view=1&sort=lad&flow=grid

Go from the ground up. Learn assembly. It's actually much easier than a big programming language, and it lets you understand what really goes on inside the computer.

This is my thread. There are many threads like it, but this one is mine.

Everything you do is your choice, and it really doesn’t matter if science says your brain should have stopped growing by now. That’s just a generalization.

Indeed.

Stopped growing does not mean the brain stops learning, it just means it is done developing.

And less plasticity does not mean no plasticity.

Sure it is much easier for a 2 year old to learn new languages, and a lot easier for a 20 year old to train your brain to do advanced math or martial arts.

But that doesn't really mean that much, mostly means it takes a bit longer time.

Also, getting older means some parts of learning gets easier, from experience and technique.

And the other side of that coin is, your brain isn't done developing until about 25, so even if it had more plasticity before, it didn't reach its full potential until now :)

It's stupid to use your age as an excuse to not put in the effort to learn.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement