FINALLY a tool that suits my needs!

Started by
41 comments, last by SiCrane 8 years, 11 months ago

Well, if there's any one thing that beats patenting of obvious inventions by tagging on "in a computer", its by tagging on "on the internet."

throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");

Advertisement

I'll allow all of the above patents, however, I'm expecting a percantage share compensation for the blatant use of my patent "depressing boxes to input letters on a computer on the internet"

I'll allow all of the above patents, however, I'm expecting a percantage share compensation for the blatant use of my patent "depressing boxes to input letters on a computer on the internet"

...But you still owe me for infringing my patent on storage of information using electricity...

...But you still owe me for infringing my patent on storage of information using electricity...

At this stage it's necessary to mention my patent for "method and apparatus of transmitting knowledge and information by concatenation of vowels and consonants to form recognisable sounds". My lawyer will be in touch.

Direct3D has need of instancing, but we do not. We have plenty of glVertexAttrib calls.

Two letters: wc

If you are running on Windows, install gnu utilities for windows.

There are so many useful little utilities that there really isn't an excuse to not have them.

If you are running on Windows, install gnu utilities for windows.

Because a set of tools updated 12 years ago will work SO well with a modern copy of Windows .

I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Because a set of tools updated 12 years ago will work SO well with a modern copy of Windows .

Command-line stuff will almost certainly work fine, but if you insist on something more recent Cygwin is actively maintained, though I think is a heavier environment and I don't think so much integrates with the normal windows stuff, but provides a separate, parallel command-line infrastructure (its been forever since I've used it though, so don't quote me).

throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");

Command-line stuff will almost certainly work fine

Yeah i agree here that the windows command line works, in the same way that rowing a boat with one oar works, there are far better implementations of command lines and unfortunately i havent found many.

Personally i steer clear of the windows command line unless i want to mass move files (it's still faster than using exporer!) or i want to issue some arcane git command...

i want to issue some arcane git command

I will honestly never understand people who prefer GUI clients for git. The command line interface is a lot more flexible, and not that hard to learn...

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

I will honestly never understand people who prefer GUI clients for git. The command line interface is a lot more flexible, and not that hard to learn...

Using GIT is like using a jackhammer to hang a picture in your wall. [ link ]

Nothing about GIT or BASH is simple to use, and making matters worse is the lack of ( comprehensible ) explanations of the commands .
<rant>

I *HATE* being forced to write .bat files so I do not have to spend 20+ minutes typing out gibberish commands to accomplish something relatively simple !

This is 2015, not 1985 !

</rant>

I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement