how to learn c#

Started by
20 comments, last by md4friends 8 years, 11 months ago

hey guys in this time i study program and already have some bases in other language like Pascal, visual basic .. and i want to learn C # to be able to do my unity in games but mostly to understand how the code ... I agree to suggestions for be programmed in C #
thank you all
md4friends

Advertisement

When you say VB do you mean VB6 or VB.NET, if the latter then the move to C# is mostly just syntax as they are very similar to each other C# just being more terse C style syntax.

If you know VB.NET there are tools that will translate VB.NET to C# so you can see how the syntax changes. From memory I believe sharedevelop does this http://www.icsharpcode.net/opensource/sd/

When I want to learn how to do something I typically look for books on Amazon or free tutorials on Google

Buy a good old-fashioned book about C# and start learning.

The only way to the the hang of a new language is to use it. I guess that's where Unity comes into the picture.

But for learning the ins and the outs of a language, nothing beats a book. It's the perfect form factor IMO.

Of course, I am old school..

Don't pick a dumbed down teach yourself in 21 hours/days kind of book, a proper tome that appeals to you.

You need to know how the language works, why it works that way, what makes it tick.

<edit>

Also, check the date of the book and the version of .NET - it is important. You don't want to learn deprecated stuff...

</edit>

Too many projects; too much time

thank you guys for your answers, some of you know cool tutorials on the internet? in relation to books recommend a particular book?

cumps, md4friends

The Wrox books are good. I learnt c# back in the day using the .NET 2 version of this one http://www.wrox.com/WileyCDA/WroxTitle/C-5-0-Programmer-s-Reference.productCd-1118847288.html

I had indeed a Wrox C# book in mind - they are well written. smile.png

<edit>

"Professional C#"

</edit>

hey guys thanks for your suggestion, I have been watching a book on C # 6.0 think is good?

md4friends

Go straight to the source. I don't know why more people don't do this.
Tons of free sources and many (including the C# specification) are very well done.

MSDN, and Microsoft in general, is the place to go if you want recursive documentation, link loops and layers upon layers of almost-there information about a topic..

That's probably why more people don't do that. wink.png

Sure, there are bits and pieces of something that is truly useful, and it often pays to visit the source, but more often than not I quickly tire of juggling back and forth between versions and sections and links pointing to one another.

Too hit and miss for my taste. It's a pity.

I totally prefer a good book.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement