2D artist beginner

Started by
20 comments, last by PepperRacoon 8 years, 10 months ago

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

When I was drawing it I thought about XVII century. And as I know, glass was quite widespread that time. smile.png And yeah, I totally forgot about shutters.rolleyes.gif

Advertisement

If you don't intend to use it in your own game I encourage you to release it as CC:BY either on your own website or somewhere like OpenGameArt, so people can use it in their games and credit you as well. It's a really well drawn piece of asset it would be a waste for it to go without any in game use.

Thanks a lot! biggrin.png

I've already uploaded it on the OpenGameArt.

landscape_by_pepperracoon-d8w8sye.png

forest_spirit_by_pepperracoon-d8wmc5w.pn

The forest spirit. My first character. smile.png

It's beautiful. The yellow glow from the sun should be reflected in the water- as well as the other clouds above the one you got in the water.

What software are you drawing with?

Also any light highlights on any surface should be tinted yellow slightly. It appears the scene is lit with a white light though the sun is clearly present.

It's beautiful. The yellow glow from the sun should be reflected in the water- as well as the other clouds above the one you got in the water.

What software are you drawing with?

Thank you for the feedback.

I have some difficulties with the reflection. Don't quite understand the way the sun light should be reflected.

I am using Photoshop.

Also any light highlights on any surface should be tinted yellow slightly. It appears the scene is lit with a white light though the sun is clearly present

Thank you for pointing this out. smile.png Didn't notice the problem. I'll remeber it while drawing the next landscape.

e693da5ac0ebc9784c2824bd5d0cc009.jpg

I like that last piece.
As feedback, I'd connect the dinosaur arm to the body the same way the legs are. That is, "joining" it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement