Online University for Teaching Game Development ?

Started by
5 comments, last by GeneralJist 8 years, 9 months ago
Hello,

I want a good University that teach Game Development Online ?

Regards,
Advertisement

Why? What is your goal?

Well, I'm working on my own 2D Beat 'em up Game Design with freelancer designers and i want to use Unreal Engine 4 to develop this game. The basic concept of this game it will look like old school Beat 'em up game like Street of Rage Series back in Sega Genesis so i want to develop this game by my own not handle each project to a company to do it and spend a lot of money. I want to learn and do it by my own which will cost less i think :)

I don't necessarily think you need to enroll in an online game development school for that (particularly as such schools tend to be dubious at best); perhaps a place like lynda.com might be better, some place where you could pick and choose the videos you watched to tailor them to what you want to learn. It doesn't sound like you want to find an online school for the degree, rather you just want to learn things to work on your project, so you should probably stay away from "schools" and look more for places that just have individual video lessons (which I presume you expect you learn better from than written tutorials and the like).

What about the documentation resources provided to you with the Unreal Engine have you found lacking?

The way i love to work with is to learn from professional directly which mean let say i found someone professional can work on my game than i will learn from him directly and this is better for me.

Gameinstitute. It's fairly cheap and it's a learn at your own pace. It's... out dated. And I -think- they are trying to update it. But... realistically no body is going to teach you the most current stuff. You'll have to start with the basics like Directx 9 sense it's just easier to grasp the concept.

They Teach

C++ All the way up to Windows GUI
Mathematics
3D programming

AI

Modeling
Animation

and also Electrical Engineering in one package.

Well,

1. online schools are already somewhat dubious as to quality of your education, it depends on what aspect you want to go into.

2. Yoy might do better by just learning on your own with tutorials. (A team member of mine is @ Digipen, one of the premere in person game design universities, and he said some of what he gets from the prof. are things he ould have just figured out or learned on his own, some even just tell them to watch youtube tutorials.)

3. If you want your project to succeed you need to do as much as you can to learn your part, not wait and expect a Pro to magically find you and teach you everything. Pros are attracted to professional looking projects, make yourself and your project as polished as you can.

4. Not sure of our young, or English is your second language, but both detract from you sounding professional, I'd fix those 2 things before you start recruitment.

Q: How do I fix my age?

A: find and build experiences.

Our company homepage:

https://honorgames.co/

My New Book!:

https://booklocker.com/books/13011.html

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement