as3 need link for tuturial from scrap

Started by
2 comments, last by Ripian 8 years, 5 months ago

Hi everyone. I will try to soften you first because i sure that you will answer to my question in rude way, stating that i just don't know how to search google. Ok, so first i must admit that right now i'm in fury(as i can't find what i want). I like to start learning something from scrap to fully understand concept. Like for exsample learning all 3 possibilities of declarating types in c++ or unique tricks like java ToString function. just knowing primal features is not for me, i must know like 99% of everything about programing language to use it as best as i can. I hope that you understood my policy of learning. Now here comes question/asking for favor : i need some very good tuturials for pure as3 language , from scientific way. I mean most what i found was just ""make image, handle event,make game , make game, make game .... bla bla bla"". I dont want to know how function to make rectangle is works(because it obvious), i want to know how it build so in future i can use this knowledge for making own more advance version of drawing rectangle. I want a long tuturial there most of important functions/data types/classes described accurately.

Advertisement

Trying not to be rude, but did you ever consider the idea that such a tutorial might not exist? (or at least, not for free at the Internet.)

Like I am still waiting for a tutorial on how to get a million euros in one easy step. I am about to give up hope of ever finding one :(

The usual tactic in such cases for me is to start with a simple tutorial to get the basic idea, then jump to the user guide or the reference manual. While I am still missing both guides for my million tutorial, you may have more luck with the as3 language (no idea what it is though, but if it's useful to you, great).

Hi everyone. I will try to soften you first because i sure that you will answer to my question in rude way, stating that i just don't know how to search google. Ok, so first i must admit that right now i'm in fury(as i can't find what i want). I like to start learning something from scrap to fully understand concept. Like for exsample learning all 3 possibilities of declarating types in c++ or unique tricks like java ToString function. just knowing primal features is not for me, i must know like 99% of everything about programing language to use it as best as i can. I hope that you understood my policy of learning. Now here comes question/asking for favor : i need some very good tuturials for pure as3 language , from scientific way. I mean most what i found was just ""make image, handle event,make game , make game, make game .... bla bla bla"". I dont want to know how function to make rectangle is works(because it obvious), i want to know how it build so in future i can use this knowledge for making own more advance version of drawing rectangle. I want a long tuturial there most of important functions/data types/classes described accurately.

Flash is not really a langauge in its own, you can do most things in AS but that is not how you should use flash. Flash is more of a designer/artists tool to create animated pages in. This is also why most tutorials only show the graphical side of what you are doing. As3 for me is nothing more than a weird mix between C# and Python, as such writing code in it is not that hard when you know C++.

Generally I just use the adobe documentation sites to figure out what a particular class does in Flash, and which methods it has.

After having learned 2 languages I no longer care for knowing all the obscure things in a langauge as long as I know how to express what I want to do.

Worked on titles: CMR:DiRT2, DiRT 3, DiRT: Showdown, GRID 2, theHunter, theHunter: Primal, Mad Max, Watch Dogs: Legion

Thanks for your tips, i sure they will help me in my next searches and learning material.

Going back to tuturial so good i found a book that describe as3 from scratch, then shows how to use some advanced technics and also shows easy game code about zoo. if somebody is interested name is (Essential action sript 3 by Colin Moock).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement