a good source for learning to write advanced sql queries

Started by
2 comments, last by ChaosEngine 8 years, 5 months ago

hi. im searching for good learning source for getting better for writing all kind of sql queries. as i work with orm like linq and entity framework please give me a good source for writing queries for them too.

thank you for helping

Advertisement

If only there was some way of finding that kind of information. Some kind of "query system" or even a "search engine"...

oh hey... look at that! And the very first link is a pretty comprehensive tutorial on sql.

if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight
As much as I hate lmgtfy responses, I will have to agree with ChaosEngine.

Part of writing good SQL queries is asking the right kind of questions. There are plenty of examples you can find at your finger tips. Though, I'm ashamed to admit how many times I have needed to look up "mysql update with join", "mysql delete from with alias"-- I always seem to forget the language-specific details.

Most ORMs can translate reasonably well to MySQL, though raw SQL will be needed when the ORM doesn't cut it.

As much as I hate lmgtfy responses, I will have to agree with ChaosEngine.

I don't normally do them unless (as in this case) the OP has put zero effort into researching the question before posting.

if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement