Advice for a Survival game?

Started by
2 comments, last by Bardia_E 8 years, 3 months ago
The following idea is right now theoretical and I need advice in order to make it reality.

A brief overview of it-
You Spawn in the world, hunt for food, build a shelter, hide from other players, destroy some crazed robots and take their parts, create automated mines and farms operated by robots, build a small fort, get them attacked by another player, declare war with him, die and respawn with nothing, start over and join a small group of players then attack your killers settlement and kill him and take over his kingdom and live in peace until someone else attacks you. "
I know it's a bit vague but it's still in its early stages. It may sound weird, mixture of Robots and mediaeval weapons but I think its a good combination.

Would YOU like to play such a game and what improvements would you suggest?
Thanks in advance
Advertisement

What's the point of building or attacking with a robot army, if sneakily killing him is so much more effective?

If I did that at first, I'd have 2 kingdoms, or if the other player did that to me, he'd have 2 kingdoms.

Sorry I wrote army I actually meant the Bodyguard robot which is extremely hard to build and if for those who prefer the Lone Wolf style.

I think I might like to play it, cause i personally love survival games, but there are things that might make it unplayable.

So assuming that I attacked someone and destroyed their kingdom, now he would respawn with nothing then I can again dominate him. So you need to think of a way to handle domination cause it would not be fun if each of your lives only last like 5 minutes.

Also the robots should be balanced and affordable. Yeah we like to have a gigantic unbreakable robot by our side but others won't like it. And also after having such thing there is no more challenges in the game and it makes it a boring one. So I'd say robots would be easy to build but aren't very powerful, so when you attack someone, your robot armies crush each other and you and your opponent run in between the robots towards each other and then have an epic one-on-one battle, while robots try to cut your head off.

However, I like the general idea of combining medieval weapons with robots. You can do some real crazy fun things with that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement