Idea for android game, no experience programming

Started by
1 comment, last by grumpyOldDude 8 years, 3 months ago

I want to make an android game quite similar to 4pics one word but have some programming experience( mostly html, css and a little php as well as intro to programming classes) and monetize it ( ha ha! I know right but its just for fun). Do I need to learn Java totally or can I just get or buy very similar source code. What do you advice

Advertisement

I find its important to know the basic syntax and workflow of Java, and have a good grasp of the core classes. They will really help you down the line.

However, don't be afraid to start working on your title without knowing everything. Just learn things as you need to while you work. It will be more enjoyable that way.

And as always don't be afraid to ask questions! My inbox is open if you need a guiding hand.

Do I need to learn Java totally or can I just get or buy very similar source code. What do you advice

You need to ask yourself: is this a one-off OR is it the start development of a hobby/career/passion? If its the latter then you have to learn Java.

There are several great Java online tutorials for beginners that you can start with

Also online tutorials on Android development would guide you through some basics. Here is a good place to start http://developer.android.com/training/basics/firstapp/index.html

can't help being grumpy...

Just need to let some steam out, so my head doesn't explode...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement