Please Help

Started by
2 comments, last by JohnnyCode 8 years, 3 months ago

Hi,

I have been trying off and on for the last couple weeks to download some elevation data from an organization. I have successfully done this several times in recent years and months from exactly the same webpage.

Please try it and see what happens:

http://srtm.csi.cgiar.org/SELECTION/inputCoord.asp

Simply select a region on the global map and then push the yellow button on the right which reads "Click here to begin search >>"

That should lead you to the download page next. The download page should have 4 green download button (arrows), two for FTP and two for HTTP.

Those 4 green arrow download buttons are all very faded and deactivated for me.

QUESTION: Why are the download buttons not available to me? I have turned OFF pop-up blocker and reduced by Internet Explorer defenses in every way, but the green arrow download buttons are still not available to me.

I really need this particular data which is required for a certain workflow pipeline that I am using at the moment.

PLEASE HELP!

Personal life and your private thoughts always effect your career. Research is the intellectual backbone of game development and the first order. Version Control is crucial for full management of applications and software. The better the workflow pipeline, then the greater the potential output for a quality game. Completing projects is the last but finest order.

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

Advertisement

Just checked link, seems that FTP links aren't working atm while HTTP ones are.

Still it might be wiser to check with

- a non-IE browser to see if it's browser related

- an Inprivate session to see if it's cookie related

- a web proxy to see if it's IP related serverside restriction

mostates by moson?e | Embrace your burden

A friend of mine has the two FTP links working for him and he uses IE. I have never in my life encountered a problem like this with download links.

I am going to try another browser or two later when I get time for it.

Personal life and your private thoughts always effect your career. Research is the intellectual backbone of game development and the first order. Version Control is crucial for full management of applications and software. The better the workflow pipeline, then the greater the potential output for a quality game. Completing projects is the last but finest order.

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

Why are the download buttons not available to me? I have turned OFF pop-up blocker and reduced by Internet Explorer defenses in every way, but the green arrow download buttons are still not available to me.

Open the source code delivered to you or inspect the download image with dev tools. It will tell you wheather the server has provided nothing referencing link explicitly, or some javascript or client stuff is striking unexpectedly instead. IE is a pile of versioned software (6,7,8,9,10,11,edge, blowmymind) and all differ in their capability in javascript, so proper complete script testing towards this browser is a ridiculous demand for many webs. They are not even updatable in a manner, what is exclusivity for this piece of software, so do not pick ie as a browser for cookie smooth usefull safe day to day usage.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement