Game Development and Resume

Started by
1 comment, last by Syrena 8 years ago

I'm decided to spend my time job searching and planning to develop my game. It's going to be a text adventure game, and I'm going to be writing the game design document soon (I found a few templates from Google searching). Now, I understand that isn't very impressive, but I've looking at a game development studio close to where I live, and the Game Designer posting is more on the management side of it, it's more document writing, sharing ideas, etc.. the programming part is extra, as in, good to have but not necessary. I also get that I won't be able to make this job posting right now, I'll have to wait until the next one comes along.

I want to say I developed a game on my resume and don't want to lie about it. How would I phrase it on my resume when my game is done, given it wasn't for a company, but independent?

Advertisement

How would I phrase it on my resume when my game is done, given it wasn't for a company, but independent?

No differently than how you'd talk about if it was for some other company. Just say "My Awesome Game - Personal Project" or something instead of "My Awesome Game - Big Company, LLC."
You can even put the game on your resume now, before it's done, although you should indicate that state somewhere. The reason you put a project on a resume is to talk about interesting challenges you faced and/or overcame while working on it, cool things that you did, or important lessons you learned.
None of that has anything to do with whether it is in-progress, who's funding the development, or if the game was any good.

Sorry for the really late reply. Thanks for answering.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement