Line renderer in unity and making a beatiful rope.

Started by
0 comments, last by Aleksander Naumenok 8 years, 1 month ago

Hi all,

First off, I hope that I have posted in the correct section of the forum, If not feel free to move it around ;)

I' building a simple puzzle game in Unity in which I want to utilize the LineRenderer to create a rope between two points. Imagine shooting a harpoon.

I get the line and it's fine, but I can't change its material - its greyed out. I can choose what ever shader, cant do a thing. Any ideas what could cause this behavior?

And while I'm here, back to the harpoon. I indeed have a shooting harpoon and was thinking on making the rope a bit more dynamic than just a simple line. For example loses tension hitting the target and when start to pull back, regains the tension and starts to move the object to the shot point. I think I can't use physics as it would make the shooting imprecise and end up like Surgeon Simulator.. Currently the shooting is fine, would like to make it prettier though. Any ideas how to approach this?

Advertisement

It sounds like you are trying to dynamically simulate rope and for that, you will need physics. I am afraid line renderer will not be sufficient for that kind of purpose. Now there is out to be something on the asset store that would let you simulate rope.

You can also try making rope with help of particles.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement