Text-based Android RPG

Started by
4 comments, last by MCHL 7 years, 10 months ago
Hello,

I have experience using Python to create games in Blender, and I have a question about what else may be possible, for which I ask of your kind expertise.

Is it possible to create a text-based RPG game app for Android... creating it entirely on my Android?

If so, which would be the best avenue to pursue?

Thank you!
Advertisement

Yes it is possible. I recommend you to use a game engine which is able to export the game on android (and on other platforms too in the future).
I guess it will be a 2D Game. So you can go with either Game Maker Studio or Unity2D. Both engines are very good in my opinion,

Check them out and decide for yourself! :)

Failure is not an option...

Thank you for replying.

Is the game-making software itself available to run on Android?

I no longer have a laptop, so not only do I want to make an Android game... I need to be able to do all of the game-making process on the Android itself.

Is that possible..?

No these 2 engines don't support that. And in general I don't think this is possible.
You will need a computer in order to create a game like this.

Unless if there is a method which I don't know yet.

If you want to make anything serious you are going to have to learn programming (if you don't know already) and find a decent graphic artist (if you cant do the art yourself).

Failure is not an option...

There are a few compilers that work on Android and compile for Android, such as CppDroid, but they are mostly fairly limited and cumbersome.

It may be possible to build your game using tools like that, but personally I wouldn't want to undergo those hardships if there was a good way to avoid it ... like using a regular desktop computer for development.

Thank you again for replying.

I certainly appreciate that programming for Android using only Android is a tall task. It's just the challenge I'm intrigued by.

Would CppDroid seem more feasible, considering I'm looking to make a purely text-based experience? Would the lack of moving graphics beyond text, work within those limitations you mention? Cumbersome, I'm not so afraid of.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement