2.5D FF style cross-platform (LibGDX)

Started by
-1 comments, last by David Miller 7 years, 9 months ago

About the Project

Using LibGDX to create a multi-platform Final Fantasy-esque RPG reminiscent of the early era. Original story, graphics, everything but will borrow from the genre in its game-play and structure (turn based, character development). Due to the higher computational power of all devices, even on phones, aiming to give this project a high def finish to give a modern relevant feel to its nostalgic centre.

About Me

Amateur hobbyist programmer, looking for an individual / individuals to join me on this project. I love all things RPG and having practiced solo, looking to step things up by working in a team. While I aim to chair any project discussions, I'm not looking to be a dictator over the team as everyone will have something to contribute - I'll be more of a guardian ensuring progress/discussions are constructive and useful with the intention of pushing the project forwards.

Who's needed?

Artist, musician, story-boarder, drinking buddy! Okay clearly the last one is in jest, but my point is these projects work best with multiple minds. If you've got something valuable to the end goal of this project then put yourself forwards - sometimes even someone to bounce ideas off is worth more than its weight in gold. Most important thing to me is that you have a similar love for playing this style of game so can relate to it, and can maintain enthusiasm even when dead zones are hit.

Pay

This is a hobbyist project which may or may not end up making money. I'm involved in this for the fun of creating and getting that amazing feeling of seeing people enjoy your creation. At this early stage it has not been decided how or if a source of turnover would be incorporated (In-App purchases, sale of software), and if the project did take that route terms would be discussed as necessary. What I'm trying to say is I'm looking for passion over 'cash'ion.

Interested? Reply to this post or message me.

DancesWithGDX

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement