Problem With Cs:go Sensitivity C++

Started by
44 comments, last by weqn 7 years, 8 months ago

If you want to go to the bottom of this, yes, unless you want to throw money at it.

You came here with an observed difference, and a question "why?"

Some people here had a quick go at it, trying to explain it, and that basically resulted in "nope, it's not that".

Personally, I don't even believe there is an actual difference, it's just something that got stuck in your head. (Which is fine, if it works for you, great!)

With the quick and easy explanations coming up blank, there is only one next step, start digging. Systematically follow the value, and find the spot in the program where a change in configuration value makes a difference in game play.

You need knowledge about programming and debugging for that.

Alternatively, you pay someone to do this work for you.

I would be interested in knowing the final result, and there are probably more such people here, but none of us is willing to spend days on solving your problem (just like you have no interest in solving my problem). That leaves you with two options, do it yourself, or paying someone money to find it (where I would not be surprised if the answer is then eventually also "no difference").

If you want to do it yourself, given that you don't know how to program or to debug, learning that would be a good first step. (Where you'll find many other interesting things as well.)

Advertisement
Personally, I don't even believe there is an actual difference, it's just something that got stuck in your head.

you 'd be impressed with the amount of bugs that cs:go engine has :)
and no it is not placebo effect :)

and find the spot in the program where a change in configuration value makes a difference in game play.

I would be interested in knowing the final result, and there are probably more such people here, but none of us is willing to spend days on solving your problem (just like you have no interest in solving my problem). That leaves you with two options, do it yourself, or paying someone money to find it (where I would not be surprised if the answer is then eventually also "no difference").

not my problem, but csgo problem;
well , I came here without any notion of programming and learned something , and now we have a hypothesis in relation text - > float conversing parsing

The people who took the time to test in game confirmed that there was a difference , so in fact there is something wrong as these values ??are analyzed by cs : go engine, I do not have the slightest clue in terms of programming ,
but I will not spend money in something that can not give me any kind of refund. Contrary to you guys ;
It is only because it is the game number 1 worldwide in fps , and therefore it would be good for some of you ( developers ) are able to decipher, could result in some kind of contract by the valve .
That may look innocent , but that's how things work in most cases

"Solving" this issue definitely won't result in any type of contract by Valve, especially since there doesn't even seem to be an issue to begin with. They definitely have bigger fish to fry, like what to do with all the money they are raking in off Steam (which is obviously much more important than game development). :)

In expansion to what I said before, it might not be padding extra zeros, but instead clipping off the last digits when converting from float to text to display in the console. Most likely the engine doesn't store the value in plain text during runtime, it loads from the config, uses a float at runtime, then converts back to float when displayed in the console. If the value is 0.0220009 but it's only showing 6 digits after the decimal, then it will only show 0.022000.

http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/io/manip/setprecision

Looking at that page, the default precision is indeed 6, which means it will only show 6 digits after the decimal. As has been pointed out, floats can store more places after the decimal than that, but when converting to string sometimes it's not useful to calculate more than a few. Especially in this case, when it's just outputting to the console for display purposes and has no functional implication. If that is the case then it might actually be a string to float conversion issue, or it might be intentional on their part to balance competitive gameplay issues, or just an accident, or an easter egg?

Ultimately, you will need to view the memory to actually see what value is being used. 0x3cb43958 is 0.022, extra zeros don't mean anything, they are quite literally nothing in the case of a floating point number. If the value in memory is 0x3cb43958, then the value is 0.022 (regardless of padded zeros on the console). If the value is different, then it might have some extra decimal that is getting clipped when displaying in the console. You'd need to track down the value in memory then see.

http://www.h-schmidt.net/FloatConverter/IEEE754.html

Here's a free online converter, find the hex value in memory then plug it in and convert back to decimal.

One more thing it could help,

default of m_pitch is 0.022

m_pitch is locked and visually displayed in console as 0.022000

if we change m_pitch value in the config that game loads it will have no effect

when we test m_pitch, this means
when we change the m_pitch value to 0.022 it still displays 0.022000

if we change it to 0.0165 it will display 0.0165

"Solving" this issue definitely won't result in any type of contract by Valve, especially since there doesn't even seem to be an issue to begin with. They definitely have bigger fish to fry, like what to do with all the money they are raking in off Steam (which is obviously much more important than game development). :)

In expansion to what I said before, it might not be padding extra zeros, but instead clipping off the last digits when converting from float to text to display in the console. Most likely the engine doesn't store the value in plain text during runtime, it loads from the config, uses a float at runtime, then converts back to float when displayed in the console. If the value is 0.0220009 but it's only showing 6 digits after the decimal, then it will only show 0.022000.

http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/io/manip/setprecision

Looking at that page, the default precision is indeed 6, which means it will only show 6 digits after the decimal. As has been pointed out, floats can store more places after the decimal than that, but when converting to string sometimes it's not useful to calculate more than a few. Especially in this case, when it's just outputting to the console for display purposes and has no functional implication. If that is the case then it might actually be a string to float conversion issue, or it might be intentional on their part to balance competitive gameplay issues, or just an accident, or an easter egg?

Ultimately, you will need to view the memory to actually see what value is being used. 0x3cb43958 is 0.022, extra zeros don't mean anything, they are quite literally nothing in the case of a floating point number. If the value in memory is 0x3cb43958, then the value is 0.022 (regardless of padded zeros on the console). If the value is different, then it might have some extra decimal that is getting clipped when displaying in the console. You'd need to track down the value in memory then see.

http://www.h-schmidt.net/FloatConverter/IEEE754.html

Here's a free online converter, find the hex value in memory then plug it in and convert back to decimal.

You are not realizing, this is the reason why people complain so much about sensitivity ,being not the same as in previous versions, wich leads to always changing sensitivity settings and therefore having the placebo effect, including professionals! ie since 2012 can you imagine? :)
back in days i was a freak about commands, i had a wodden machine and every comand had to be perfectly balanced for me to have the best performance (fps) so i learn every single command in cs 1.6 :) and i remmember if we added trailingzeros to sensitivitycommands including fov's per example it would have a slight different effect! like in csgo with m_pitch command!

So valve have no clue about this, probably they looked for it back in 2012 and they just took floats variables into account forgetting text to float, well what can i say. Or that, or cs have a huge bug in the way they handle traillingzeros, but C compiler automaticly cuts them right?

i think the actual source engine SDK is outdated because it only shows 0.022 on m_pitch and not 0.022000
or might be valve doing it on purpose so everyone who test it believes its placebo, when im getting crazy with all the possibilities, i wish i had the knowledge to put things to test and prove this once for all.

Sorry guys...

you guys will not check this at runtime, will you? :(

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement