Pixel Art Pro

Started by
11 comments, last by DanXS72 7 years, 7 months ago
i just posted it to let you know about it.
let me know what you think

Then that would be my mistake :P , by posting your topic in the Visual Arts forum I assumed you wanted critique.

If you want I can edit my original post.

If you posted in Business and Law I would have given you sales advice.

comment which was not constructive at all

That is a habit most artist share, we point out flaws because secretly we all fear that there are flaws in our own work that no one wants to point out. We learn to be harsh and we learn to appreciate harsh criticism.

Having someone hold your hand and tell you you did good when in fact you messed up won't help anyone improve.

The criticism is valid, it just turns out it wasn't what you wanted.

I built the thing for you artists

Browse around on some art forums, or the Visual Arts forum here, see how artist act and what they are. You need to understand your clients if you want to sell to them, believe me you will receive rougher reviews than this.

Photoshop is global known name and it receives harsh reviews, your client base are people who go out of there way to find flaws to help you improve; especially if it means they can get better software as part of the deal.

sabotaged by shouting ninja

I am doing tutorials soon and will be keeping this for my YouTube name. :ph34r:

You are being too defensive.

I don't believe that is really possible for some defending their work. A good defence helps deal with criticism and people understand anger and won't judge you for it, just don't sue your clients and things will be fine.

Advertisement

I'm just saying some people like drawing in 2D and some people like to do 3D modelling - whatever man, if you want to try it, try it, if you guys want to just give me shit over everything you can think of then just forget it. I built the thing for you artists, if you don't want to use it don't use it. No need to be slag me and my app off - you don't have to like it, but at least appreciate that i spent more than a month building the thing and I'm just trying to get a few downloads otherwise i'm wasting my time.

In this community, we often help each other by pointing out ways we can make our products better (or rather, pointing out places that need to be improved). Some people do that rather harshly/bluntly, others sugar-coat it. But constructive criticism in a community that's willing to help you improve, even if it's harsh criticism, is still ten times better than silence with nobody buying your game software and leaving no feedback to let you know what's going on, and it's still ten times better than someone leaving bad reviews on your product page saying, "this sucks and you should feel bad!" without going into any details. :wink:

My guideline is, "If someone tells you there is something wrong with your game software, listen! They are almost always correct. If they tell you how you should fix it, take it with a heavy grain of salt, because they are almost always wrong."

I wrote that as constructive criticism, your text is the first thing people will see.
It needs to read flawlessly. Good luck.

Any potential luck I might have had from here was already sabotaged by shouting ninja on his first comment which was not constructive at all, he only started to be constructive when I replied. Your comment might have been slightly constructive, but really I didn't plan a marketing pitch, i just posted it to let you know about it.

Software shouldn't be sold by luck. It should be sold by being so good, word-of-mouth spreads awareness of it (in addition to marketing).

Being sold by luck means someone buys your software, doesn't like it, but doesn't want to go through the hassle of a refund. That means they were basically cheated out of their money (often because they didn't do due diligence and research, but never the less...).

I understand, we're all creators here - artists, programmers, writers, composers, etc... We create awesome things and then people mercilessly rip it to shreds and makes us feel terrible right when we were previously feeling most excited; and the criticisms that hurt most are the ones we kinda know are at least somewhat accurate. :unsure:

Well, good luck on your tool! Hopefully you can use the feedback - whether wanted or not - to improve your work, and from that improvement, to gain an active user-base.

I'm just saying some people like drawing in 2D and some people like to do 3D modelling - whatever man, if you want to try it, try it, if you guys want to just give me shit over everything you can think of then just forget it. I built the thing for you artists, if you don't want to use it don't use it. No need to be slag me and my app off - you don't have to like it, but at least appreciate that i spent more than a month building the thing and I'm just trying to get a few downloads otherwise i'm wasting my time.

In this community, we often help each other by pointing out ways we can make our products better (or rather, pointing out places that need to be improved). Some people do that rather harshly/bluntly, others sugar-coat it. But constructive criticism in a community that's willing to help you improve, even if it's harsh criticism, is still ten times better than silence with nobody buying your game software and leaving no feedback to let you know what's going on, and it's still ten times better than someone leaving bad reviews on your product page saying, "this sucks and you should feel bad!" without going into any details. :wink:

My guideline is, "If someone tells you there is something wrong with your game software, listen! They are almost always correct. If they tell you how you should fix it, take it with a heavy grain of salt, because they are almost always wrong."

I wrote that as constructive criticism, your text is the first thing people will see.
It needs to read flawlessly. Good luck.

Any potential luck I might have had from here was already sabotaged by shouting ninja on his first comment which was not constructive at all, he only started to be constructive when I replied. Your comment might have been slightly constructive, but really I didn't plan a marketing pitch, i just posted it to let you know about it.

Software shouldn't be sold by luck. It should be sold by being so good, word-of-mouth spreads awareness of it (in addition to marketing).

Being sold by luck means someone buys your software, doesn't like it, but doesn't want to go through the hassle of a refund. That means they were basically cheated out of their money (often because they didn't do due diligence and research, but never the less...).

I understand, we're all creators here - artists, programmers, writers, composers, etc... We create awesome things and then people mercilessly rip it to shreds and makes us feel terrible right when we were previously feeling most excited; and the criticisms that hurt most are the ones we kinda know are at least somewhat accurate. :unsure:

Well, good luck on your tool! Hopefully you can use the feedback - whether wanted or not - to improve your work, and from that improvement, to gain an active user-base.

I would agree with you, but actually the program is quite good compared to what else is on offer for pixel art on the app store, It is not going to rival a desktop application obviously - but it is not crap either!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement