How come I'm no longer a Crossbone?

Started by
9 comments, last by Alpha_ProgDes 7 years, 6 months ago

So I was a Crossbones member, I still have the Contributor ribbon, and I pay the Crossbones Monthly Membership. But somehow I'm no longer a Crossbones. Whereas other people clearly still are. Why is that?

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Advertisement

There is no crossbones monthly membership.. are you thinking of GDNet+? If so then yeah you definitely should be if you're paying the monthly subscription...

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

There is no crossbones monthly membership.. are you thinking of GDNet+? If so then yeah you definitely should be if you're paying the monthly subscription...

Yeah, there is. I pay 3.95 to it every month. So, no, I don't mean GDNet+

See thread here.

This is probably due to some back-end reorganization of some things; you'll probably have to wait for Kevin to chime in.

whoops...looks like Bacterius is but doesn't pay like you do...interesting.

Yeah, there is. I pay 3.95 to it every month. So, no, I don't mean GDNet+

See thread here.

That thread is ages old... well, then, I don't know. I know there were some problems in the past with GDNet+ members becoming Crossbones and having their GDNet+ title overridden by Crossbones or something, maybe that's what happened to you. As far as I have always known Crossbones is not a paying title, you just need to have 1000 rep points basically. Let's see what Kevin says.

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

As far as I have always known Crossbones is not a paying title, you just need to have 1000 rep points basically. Let's see what Kevin says.

Even this is no longer true. 1000 reputation points doesn't guarantee you 'Crossbones' anymore

can't help being grumpy...

Just need to let some steam out, so my head doesn't explode...

Alpheus, you'll be moved into GDNet+ in the near future. This doesn't mean you'll be paying more or losing any benefits - it's a restructuring of the membership program. As part of that, Crossbones will be removed.

Having said that, Crossbones hasn't been disabled yet so I'm not sure why you aren't seeing the label.

More to come very soon on this (few days). A few remaining details are being finalized.

Admin for GameDev.net.

@[member='Khawk'], Well in the meanwhile can I get the label back until you make the move. This kinda sucks.

Done.

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement