Low-polygon Modeling. - Help

Started by
1 comment, last by Syntax 24 years, 3 months ago
Okay, I have been making some low-polygon models, and quite frankly they suck, for two reason mostly. 1) my modeling skill need improving, 2) I need a better grasp of 3d Studio max. I have been to a few tutorial sites, and all they provide is making objects starting out with cylinders and cubes..I wish to create the models, literally polygon-at-a-time. Now comes the question.. Does anybody here know any tutorials that show a person how to create a single face (which i can do) and start building off of that...any help would be appreciated... E-mail with questions, comments, and retorts.
InvalidSyntax@icqmail.com
-Lucas
Advertisement
Hey, i did a little of that "poly-at-time" a while ago, but finally ended up with the "start-with-the-damn-box" theory, since its pretty damn much easier, however, you still need something to begin with right? (some part of the character body), so use a box as a head for you char, and build the faces from it (or use the 3dsmax face extrude function (wich is great)).

If you still want a totally non boxrelated character in the end, just delete the box, cap the hole(s) and build it up again with your own faces.

I guess this didnt help you and yours quest for tutorials out very much, but hey, im just human =)

In my opinion the "polay-at-time" idea is pretty to succed
with, i''d advise you to start with an object (like a box)

argh...damn script...well, however, start with the box, and build your way "out" of the character.

Ok, im getting pretty confused myself, but what im trying to say is that its easier to make an object (ex. box) and start with...hmm...well...since my english skills are pretty limited i hope you atleast understand my point.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement