Sound Programming?

Started by
1 comment, last by cyanide 22 years, 5 months ago
Hi, Does anybody have any clue on how to set the volume to front/rear(left & rear) speakers using programming. I know of code that can do the left and right, but I haven''t got a clue about the front and rear speakers. if you know of any sites that may have any examples or some code snippets (in any programming language), please post it here. Thanks in advance, San. P.S. I have a SB Live! card BTW.
[size="1"]----#!/usr/bin/perlprint length "The answer to life,universe and everything";
Advertisement
You can use the Rex sound library for C++

Try searching the net for a link to it..

Compliments,
The Demolition Squad
Compliments, The Demolition Squad
I''m sure it''s impossible (or damn difficult) to do using the standard win32 API, but the easiest way to do it yourself if you don''t want to use a 3rd party library is to use DirectX.

This is in fact more geared to positioning in 3d space, for 3d games, but it''s possible to set up the positioning so sound is directed almost entirely from one direction. This works for 4 channel and 6 channel sound cards too. It''ll even give you the best algorihm for pretending that sound is coming from all directions on a stereo setup!

HTH,

========
Smidge
========
--Mr Smidge

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement