• Create Account

Retrieving evaluated mesh

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Shabadoo   Members   -  Reputation: 131

Posted 08 January 2002 - 12:48 AM

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knows how to retrieve the evaluated mesh that results from calling EvalMapsNV? I want to save it so that i can use it in a vertex buffer instead of re-evaluating the patch every frame which becomes horrendously slow when there are more than a few patches. Thanks Shabadoo

Sponsor:

#2 zedzeek   Members   -  Reputation: 528

Posted 08 January 2002 - 07:44 AM

u should be able to check the extension spec (from nvidia as a pdf) u should be able to call a glGet..() command though wether or not this will be quicker is open to debate. im betting itll be slower (unless u do this once in initiation + then use the resulting info )

http://uk.geocities.com/sloppyturds/gotterdammerung.html

#3 Shabadoo   Members   -  Reputation: 131

Posted 08 January 2002 - 11:23 PM

I''ve read NV''s extension spec about twice all up while i was searching for how to do triangular map evaluation, they decided to remove the old evalCoord method from the new spec coz they decided it would only evaluate full patches. I tried putting the call to EvalMaps in a display list but it didn''t appear to make any difference to the speed.

Shabadoo

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS