PLEASE HELP ME, WHAT BOOK?

Started by
3 comments, last by Game_Programmer 22 years, 2 months ago
Ok, i want to be a game programmer and go to didipen when i grow up. I want to start learning C++ and DirectX. What are some book that i should get? THANKS ALOT ''''I went from CEO of the company to the Janitor''''
''I went from CEO of the company to the Janitor''
Advertisement
You should start off with Teach Yourself C++ in 21 days. Then onto some windows programming then to directx. if you have the money you should look in the Game Programming All In One. the book claim to teach you some c++, windows programming and directx basics.
If you''re a youngster, I''d recommend a C++ for Dummies book. They''re very easy to understand at any age, and are pretty funny too

-Michael

Find out what it''s like to work with a group of people on a programming project when you feel ready. The experience will do you good. The sooner the better!

At least be used to sharing your ideas and work, and getting feedback (criticisms AND compliments)
It's not what you're taught, it's what you learn.
I would recommend Game Programming all in one, it''s been released 3 weeks ago and i bought it, for now it''s well explain and teach you the base of every aspect of game programming(AI, directx, physics, math, etc...). Well, i knew c++ before i bought this book so maybe for c++ it''s not the best book ever.

Who''''s your daddy? I''''m Your daddy! Cause i do this to you'''' mama!
Who''s your daddy? I''m Your daddy! Cause i do this to you'' mama!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement