Nethack... nope, but something :)

Started by
238 comments, last by Paladin 21 years, 9 months ago
Raise your hand if you''ve noticed how posts always end up being about something totally different than the original topic.

- DarkMage139
"Real game developers don't change the rules. Real game developers don't break the rules. Real game developers make the rules!"
"Originality (in games) is the spice of life!"
- DarkMage139
Advertisement
Yep.I raise it.
I never liked this thread''s topic anyway(guess i was just an initiate that time)
I hope Goblin genocide will have a happier ending.

Voodoo4
Here these words vilifiers and pretenders, please let me die in solitude...
Any of you noticed when the LAST post in this thread was, before you started talking about the ending
( I think I was only a martyr back then, ohh, the good old days )

Give me one more medicated peaceful moment..
~ (V)^|) |<é!t|-| ~
ERROR: Your beta-version of Life1.0 has expired. Please upgrade to the full version. All important social functions will be disabled from now on.
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
I''m currently working on a game similar to the one you are describing. Its a MMORPG, crossing between BG/Diablo and MUD. You can control everything completely through the text parser or you can use a GUI if you wish. Key features are languages, trade, buying housing, furnishing housing, online administration of guilds and clans, hiring NPCs as guards and shopkeepers. The emphasis is on RP not on hack and slash.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with, you seem to have some good ideas going.
ok this is a great idea and all but before you all do any coding you should write a design document that is as detailed as possible and take the top down approach. Write out pseudocode (soo-do-code) and all that kind of stuff.

I signed up for the egroup and am waiting to be approved.

Pseudocode is code that is in english like "if the user clicks the mouse then do this"

The pseudocode is translated into real code, makes things eaiser

Matthew
WebMaster
www.Matt-Land.com
It is foolish for a wise man to be silent, but wise for a fool.
I want you guys to check out the perfect online rpg thread, it just started and they are talking about the same things. The link will open a new window.

Matthew
WebMaster
www.Matt-Land.com
It is foolish for a wise man to be silent, but wise for a fool.
The eGroups has been pretty dead for a long time now - I approved you anyway, but more so that you can read the evolution there, and how it died out...

Goblin seems to be going the same route, actually.... the "I''ll contribute as long as someone else does the hard work" syndrome I''d call it....

People might not remember what you said, or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel.
~ (V)^|) |<é!t|-| ~
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
how did this die?
Why did you bring it back to life?

It has been 2 years, wonder what ever came of this?
Nothing, just like about every other Gamedev community project

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement