Nerds

Started by
59 comments, last by Zombie 24 years, 1 month ago
I forgott to add my name in the last post
James Bond
Advertisement
A friend and I used to congratulate each other when the other was called a nerd. Of course it was usually our friends calling us nerds, but we didn''t care who it came from. We just accepted it [mostly because we knew we were/are.] I guess nerds are held in higher respect where I live than most places.
. One tiny question. What''s the technical definition for a nerd and for a geek. I''m just wondering if there''s a difference.
Peoeple fear what they don''t understand.

FEAR ME!!!!!!!!!! hehehe..
Job description : Duct Tape
If you don''t want to be called a nerd, maybe what you need is a haircut, some new glasses, pants that cover your ankles, a bit of exercise, and a girlfriend.

Hey, I can say this because I married a nerd.

Diana
just go pick up a big metal pole and beat them over the head till it breaks, no ones gonna call you a nerd after that...
"I have realised that maths can explain everything. How it can is unimportant, I want to know why." -Me
I used to be called a nerd. Then my salary leaked out to the general population and people looked at me with a whole new respect.

If you are a nerd so what? If you change who you are just to be cool than you are just another loser at your school.( I hate people who do that). If you are comfortable with who you are who cares what anyone else thinks.
InFerN0Not all who wander are lost...
i''ve never been called a nerd.. weirdo, freak, occasionally geek, but never nerd.. i think the main difference between geeks and nerds is that nerds by definition must do well in school.. nerds can be geeks, and vice versa.. i never did too well in school.. i refused to do most of the homework, deeming it busy work unworthy of my attention. i got by solely on test scores. i don''t think i studied for a single test in high school (that''s changed in college, of course), so i can''t really be a nerd.
personally, i take a perverse pride in being called a geek or weirdo, especially in high school. i was in a band (still am) and everyone in the school knew who we were, they all thought we were freaks.. conversations stopped and people stared when we walked down the hall. it was alot of fun. i suppose i am a weirdo, though.. in my circle of friends i''m considered the geek, who doesn''t talk much but can answer almost any question they ask.
i really like that song "weirdo" by the charlatans uk too...
I grew up in a really small farming community, and you can probably imagine what happens to a techie female in a place like that...

You have 2 options. Either be bitter about it for the rest of your life, or realize that your life is going to get a lot better, and use the experience to teach you to treat others with respect and kindness. Option #2 is obviously the better way to go.

Remember, this is probably the best part of the "cool people"''s lives. Your best is yet to come. Their future most likely involves asking people if they "want fries with that". Be proud of who you are.

-fel
~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~
i just want to add a "hellz yeah" to felisandria''s post..
Well, I am russian, and I was never made fun of russia, because I went to good schools, where most people were "nerds", and I had really good friends. I went to school in russia up to 8th grade, then I moved to US. And went to high school. There I was made fun of my accent, of wearing different cloth, of being a nerd, etc. etc. etc. It really sucked. Now, I am a senior, have a lot of friends, and everyone who said that before shuts up now, because now I am "cool". I actually found a good way to shut people up. "First get a 1230 on ur SAT''s, then tell me what cloth to wear". 1230 is not that much, but it is for a football team.
Your life will change. 1 out of 100000 becomes a pro football player, others work in McDonalds the rest of their lives. Just wait a couple of years, that''s all.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement