Ultimate Minesweeper

Started by
18 comments, last by remi 22 years ago
Yah that's the name of my clone of minesweeper. It's the first game i programmed,i did it last year(on September). I use the game engine that comes with "Trick of Windows Game Programming Gurus".The main graphics were also made by me, however it does not support ALT+TAB,in fact i didn't take care of any SurfaceLost() in my codes. Last year i tried to upload it in some free download sites like Download.com but nothing, i don't know why. Anyway, i just hope u'll enjoy playing it and please let me(i mean all of us here) know what u fill about it. It's important cause i'm actually programming a clone of breackout(a clone again!!) named POPOW and i need to improve or add some small features i forgot in Ultimate Minesweeper. To download it just click here and have some fun [edited by - remi on April 24, 2002 11:37:09 PM]
"...and we all know what "undefined" means: it means it works during development, it works during testing, and it blows up in your most important customers' faces."----------Scott Meyers, "Effective C++"
Advertisement
Nice try!
Thanx AP,
anyone else?
"...and we all know what "undefined" means: it means it works during development, it works during testing, and it blows up in your most important customers' faces."----------Scott Meyers, "Effective C++"
No one else to test my Game?

[edited by - remi on April 25, 2002 12:54:04 PM]
I''m sure it "works like a train''s closet" as one saying goes. Minesweeper might well be the only game without bugs.
I think minesweeper''s just too entrenched to allow any clones, even though there''s a lot you can do with it. I wrote my own clone a while back (info here). I thought it''d be popular because I worked to make it look and act just like the original if you wanted, or you could add one or more of a bunch of enhancements. Looks like nobody cared, because it didn''t go anywhere.

---
John Hattan
The Code Zone
Sweet software for a saturnine world

(my byline from the Gamedev Collection series, which I co-edited) John Hattan has been working steadily in the casual game-space since the TRS-80 days and professionally since 1990. After seeing his small-format games turned down for what turned out to be Tandy's last PC release, he took them independent, eventually releasing them as several discount game-packs through a couple of publishers. The packs are actually still available on store-shelves, although you'll need a keen eye to find them nowadays. He continues to work in the casual game-space as an independent developer, largely working on games in Flash for his website, The Code Zone (www.thecodezone.com). His current scheme is to distribute his games virally on various web-portals and widget platforms. In addition, John writes weekly product reviews and blogs (over ten years old) for www.gamedev.net from his home office where he lives with his wife and daughter in their home in the woods near Lake Grapevine in Texas.

yeah i know that''s not gonna be the next Quake

Nevertheless it''s my first game and i made it after 1-2 months of intense learning of directx. I just wanted some people right here to test it and say what they think, as i''m a beginner .

But it seems like no one is interested ....I''m not gonna give up
Hey johnhattan i saw the screenshot of Ultimine it looks great

But where can i download it?

I really hope u can take some few minutes to download mine(if u didn't do it alrealdy) cause it's VERY different from urs and what Windows brings(As far as sound and graphics are concerned),

I'll appreciate it

[edited by - remi on April 27, 2002 12:20:48 PM]
I was gonna download it, but it uses DirectX8 and I don''t have that, sorry

[ MSVC Fixes | STL | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost | Asking Questions ]
One time I got the fastest possible time in the beginner level- 1 Second! I clicked twice; 1. cleared all the squares but one which the pointer was over, then I clicked again and got it too! I wish I would''ve taken a picture of that screen!!! In fact that is my most treasured accomplishment during 4 years of active military duty....

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement