MSVC++, where to buy?

Started by
4 comments, last by PepsiPlease 22 years ago
Well I have decided to move up from dev-c++ to MSVC++ and I was wondering where I could get a copy. Amazon.com is out of stock and I couldn''t seem to find it anywhere else. If you know a website that sells them, please tell me. Also, is it true that you have to have windows nt, 2000, or xp to run microsoft visual c++ .net? Thanks
Advertisement
When I looked for it, I tried Google and found some great discounts on MSVC.NET, etc.

Original post by PepsiPlease
quote:
Also, is it true that you have to have windows nt, 2000, or xp to run microsoft visual c++ .net?

Yes.

EDIT - Something messed up with HTML!
EDIT2 - Quote problems!

[edited by - Wachar on May 6, 2002 10:12:09 PM]

[edited by - Wachar on May 6, 2002 10:13:41 PM]
Wachar's Eternity <-<-<-<-<- Me own site!
Well, I can find discounts on msvc.net too, but since I have windows 98, I cannot use that program. The only things I can find for msvc++ 6.0 are articles and things, no buying information.
try your local college. if you look old enough, you can ussually get away with getting the student discount fomr there as well.
You can go to ebay and find VisC++ 6.0 there as well but as with anything bought through an Online auction you are at risk as to what you actually get. When I did a search on Ebay I found about 10 copies of either VC++ or VisStudio6.

Anaton
Flying Tigers CFSG
Anaton
If you a rich and stupid go to your local COMPUsa or Staples (maybe BestBuy?). You can spend up to $1000 for VS.net there.

Other sources include:

eBay, local college, or local community college.

Sometimes at community college stores (SOMETIMES) they require you to show your college ID.

ICQ #: 149510932

Google - OpenGL - DirectX - Windows Guide Network - MSDN - Symantec Virus Info

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement