VC++ and the command line

Started by
5 comments, last by Zumichu 24 years, 1 month ago
OK, I'm having a hell of time trying to compile source code using CL.exe (the VC++ compiler) from the command line. One problem might be with environment variables but I am using Windows 98. Is there a was to set the evironment in 98?? Any help would be great. thanks. I'm getting the error: can't open libci.lib Edited by - Zumichu on 3/14/00 1:29:51 AM
[I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be]
Advertisement
Are you using the vcvars32.bat file to update your environment?
yes, and it tells me "out of invironment space." So it doesn''t work. Can I do it manually?
In that case you need to edit your config.sys and add a line like:
SHELL=COMMAND.COM /E:1024

I think that''s correct, I haven''t done it in a while. That reserves more memory (1k) for environment variables when starting a shell.

-Brian
Thanks Brian, but no cigar man. I got a file creation error on reboot.

Anyone know why?
because you have to show where command.com lives ...
try put a path in there like this ...
SHELL=C:\COMMAND.COM /E:1024 /P
note the /P switch, it will prevent command.com being loaded twice in memory (makes new copy resident)...

-kertropp
-kertropp C:Projectsrg_clueph_opt.c(185) : error C3142: 'PushAll' :bad ideaC:Projectsrg_clueph_opt.c(207) : error C324: 'TryCnt': missing point
You don''t have to adjust your environment space in the config.sys. When you run your command shell from the GUI, right click on the shortcut you use to create the shell and adjust the properties on that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement