For any programmer who has webspace, but nothing good on it:

Started by
13 comments, last by Geno the Great 19 years, 8 months ago
I posted this about 5 hours ago, on the Web board, but it appears quite dead. Anyway: I'm considering releasing my PHP source, it's designed for a simple, clean project-driven site. The source allows you to add updates to the main page and to add new projects and updates to existing projects easily. It also provides an easy way for users to leave and read comments. All that's required is a server running PHP and a MySQL database. I'd be releasing this for free under the GPL, of course. To see what the page looks like, check out www.xnull.net, home of my crappy projects :) Would anyone be interested? Should I bother?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -I am you and what I see is me
Advertisement
I think you should release it, it looks nice, and if it's reasonably nice to use I'm sure you'll get a few users.
Quite easy to use, I made it so I wouldn't need to screw around with the HTML or anything. I'll zip it up and stick it on the server.
You might want to delete those two posts you just made that were untitled, click edit post then there'll be a delete this post button.
I can't see them, wtf...

I'm so used to the GameFAQs boards, I can't quite figure out these IBP/PHPbb ones :)
here's one
here's the other
Well, I went to delete them, and it said thread not found.

Anyway, I'm gonna go zip up those files.
Right, here we go:

http://www.xnull.net/Xnull.zip

There's a readme and the usual stuff you'd expect. Not too many comments in the PHP, I save them for my C++...
Thanks!
No Soup For You!Come Back 1 Year Later!
If anyone actually uses it, spam your website in this topic. I'd like to see it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement