can you teach me some debug technique when programming with MSDEV?

Started by
0 comments, last by paulecoyote 19 years, 6 months ago
hi, Thanks all you guys first. when I programming with MSDEV, How can I know the position in my code when I know the hexadecimal address? For example, when I encountered some exception, I got the address of current function at the break point through debug tool's variables.Sometimes the code shows to me is assembler,my question is how can I know where my programm is now executing in? Have I explained my question clearly? Thanks again
Advertisement
Build it in debug. Then depending on your version of software you are using. In VS C++ 6 it's under Edit > Goto when you run your program under debug mode.

It brings up a special dialog where you can enter many different things into goto - including address.

If your program is running in Release the best you are going to get is assembler, because building in Debug puts in loads of metainformation that points to places in your source files.
Anything posted is personal opinion which does not in anyway reflect or represent my employer. Any code and opinion is expressed “as is” and used at your own risk – it does not constitute a legal relationship of any kind.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement