a plan to castrate USA power in the world

Started by
4 comments, last by PnP Bios 19 years, 4 months ago
Europe has a lot of Soft Power USA has a lot of Hard Power - but which is more brittle and which is more enduring? * EUROPE USA vs EUtopia - A pro-europe anti-american rant and raving. Europe is needed now more than ever to counter balance the emerging and intensifying american hegemony. This world is faced with an armlocking tyranny, environmental dissaster, economic short sightedness and lot of other things. The good causes of the world needs a champion and the only champion to fight the good fight is the place and peoples of EUtopia. The USA continues to frustrate all europes major global goals: Environment. Human Rights (the voted with sudan against rules to ban FGM) Weopons of Mass Destruction - USA scuppered chemical+bioweopons treaty. AIDS - US funds directed to abstinance only! These consideratation are vital - the Environment issue alone could cause 400 million people at least to suffer famine in the next 20 years (cold snap scenario) - the issues are so vital that it is well worth sacrificing sovereignty and united against a common enemy. What I would like to see as the first steps to ending american hegemony is a common EUtopian foreign policy - and this common policy should be backed up with an EU alternative to NATO to replace NATO. Complete expulsion of US forces from EUtopian soil. And an assertive foreign policy directed against nations in north africa and the middleast which accept american troops on their soil: such a policy would tend to restrict americas Hard Power in important areas of the world whilst bringing more to the fore, the political and economic power of the european union. A more powerful europe is a more powerful champion for the good causes like environment, human rights, WMD, democracy etc. The soft power when exerted properly would quite likely force a change in the way oil is sold - in Euros rather than $ - such a change if done at the right time and quick enough would hurt the US economy. A damaged US economy is then a less poluting economy - if they wont agree to kyoto and beyond - we simply must force them into compliance. We can and we must because the risk of ecological chaos is too great to ignore. Ecological chaos is especially dangerous to the EU because should the gulf stream end - then we will either die to hunger - be poor and unsustastainable as we attempt to purchase food on a bleak global food market - or actually fight wars over arable land. This is actually a scenario picked out by the Pentagon as something much more significant than the International Terrorism threat. To me, Europe is a diverse land of commonsense and cooperation. The USA is a force of chaos drifting to christian fundamentalism - it is ironic that a country like Iran drifts towards freedom and democracy away from religious fundamentalism at the same time as the USA slides into its own black hole. A consideration: What unites the AXIS of evil - Iraq, Iran, N Korea? They all work (or worked in the case of iraq) at undermining the strong $. Iraq switched its oil for food program into dealing in euros rather thant dollars. N Korea is the origin of a great deal of fake Super Dollars and has banned the dollar as a legal hard currency. Iran has been considering backing up its bank reserves in euros and perhaps selling oil in euros instead of dollars. was the war in iraq primarily a war over what currency is used in selling of oil? Addititional. Opec http://www.opec.org/NewsInfo/Speeches/sp2002/spAraqueSpainApr14.htm - britain and norway have a great hand in changing the world. Britan and norway in this way quite possibly decide the fate of europe. http://www.opec.org/NewsInfo/Speeches/sp2002/spAraqueSpainApr14.htm [Edited by - kindfluffysteve on December 3, 2004 11:14:23 AM]
Advertisement
HxRender | Cornerstone SDL TutorialsCurrently picking on: Hedos, Programmer One
i used to sometimes blame USA for things done in Iraq, but i rate OP down right now. Maybe first or second time...not more than third when i rate down somebody in lounge. Go figure why.
IBTL.
Quote:Original post by kindfluffysteve
... TITLE

Good luck with that!
Oooh! I was looking, and I thought "PnP Bios, posts a picture, and that's the thread about castrating the US... I don't see the relationship".

But I'm missing a fundamental chunk. The original post!

YAY! What wonderful bliss that is the rating filter!

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Lolzerz. Read the large text in the corner people. That is the relivance.

Is KFS just another warsong account?
HxRender | Cornerstone SDL TutorialsCurrently picking on: Hedos, Programmer One

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement