New project looking for members

Started by
16 comments, last by Washu 18 years, 10 months ago
I've currently been working on and off with my game Age Of Darkness: The Fallen Kingdom and I'm now starting to work on it again. I'm looking for C++ programmers, 3d and 2d graphic artists, webmasters, sound effects designers, and composers. Our website is aod.eggloaf.com but because I don't know to much about web design it's not that great which is why i need a webmaster. Please ask me any questions on my forums. My e-mail is justdan2000@hotmail.com in case your interested.
Advertisement
Well, the website doesn't even state what kind of game you are making. Perhaps including a short description would help you getting more people involved.

Good luck.
Yes, this is a very vague post. You don't have anything to show us, or tell us about. Nobody will go to a team without some background information.
Quote:Original post by justdan
I've currently been working on and off with my game Age Of Darkness: The Fallen Kingdom

Count me in! I take every chance I get to join a project with a moderately enthusiastic leader.

Seriously, though. If you want other people to join, tell us something about the project. Tell us something about you. Don't tell us about your lack of interest in your own project, and that any interest you have now may disapate in the matter of minutes. Extreme, yes. But implied, nevertheless.

Sorry but that's why i have my forums for questions. The only reason i've worked on and off is because of school and other problems but i am very enthusiastic about the game. The game (aod) is a mmorpg now although i know there's been a lot lately there'll be a lot of different things. Players will actually be able to invent ingame materials, items, etc. by mixing and changing items ingame. The magic system will have no spells only macros for spells that you've created because it's a brand new type of system. I don't currently have a working game yet which is why i need a programmer and i know most people want to first see screen shots but just talk in my forum n ill tell you about the game and anything you'd like to know. I have some graphics done for only pre-alpha work because they're not up to the standards I want. Please feel free to ask any questions and thanks for the criticism=)
Quote:Original post by justdan
The only reason i've worked on and off is because of school and other problems but i am very enthusiastic about the game. The game (aod) is a mmorpg now although i know there's been a lot lately there'll be a lot of different things.

*cough*
What? It's kind of pointless just to spam and give no helpful criticism.
He isnt really spamming, just stating the truth. I tried to solo program a mmorpg, and I acutally knew what I was doing, and I even created a video of the beatiful ingame 3d world, I had a server with basic account creation + chat working. I just quit it. I knew it was not going anywhere, and that I did not have quite what it takes to make one. Get experience with teamwork, and starting on a much simpler project ( But still being fun! ) is what you need to do, and actually getting experience in an aspect of videogame creation. Since there is nothing to show, I assume there is no talent.

-Generally, mmorpgs are frowned upon here unless you have something to back yourself up, experience, and a team.
Well he could of said something like that instead of *cough*. I know that I have little expierence in creating games but this would be a learning process which we would eventually make better. The game will have a brand new engine created by the team which would also be a learning expierence to make the whole team better and closer.
I'm an experienced programmer and webmaster, having done professional C and C++ development since 1990. I'm also an experienced webmaster with experience in FrontPage, Dreamweaver, and Flash.

That being said, how much does the job pay?

(my byline from the Gamedev Collection series, which I co-edited) John Hattan has been working steadily in the casual game-space since the TRS-80 days and professionally since 1990. After seeing his small-format games turned down for what turned out to be Tandy's last PC release, he took them independent, eventually releasing them as several discount game-packs through a couple of publishers. The packs are actually still available on store-shelves, although you'll need a keen eye to find them nowadays. He continues to work in the casual game-space as an independent developer, largely working on games in Flash for his website, The Code Zone (www.thecodezone.com). His current scheme is to distribute his games virally on various web-portals and widget platforms. In addition, John writes weekly product reviews and blogs (over ten years old) for www.gamedev.net from his home office where he lives with his wife and daughter in their home in the woods near Lake Grapevine in Texas.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement