F.E.A.R. Demo

Started by
24 comments, last by shakazed 18 years, 9 months ago
Downloads page. Has anyone been able to install and run this game? I have downloaded, and attempted installation twice. Each time I get a catastrophic error while it is installing the files. At different locations. I am going to attempt the 3 download of a 660+ MB file, in hopes it will actually install. It looks really good in the screens, and some reviews have claimed it ran well on a 6600GT in (something like) 1280x1024 with no AA/AF. So, anyone try it? Opinions?
Advertisement
Downloaded and installed fine, crashed when I tried to launch it.
I got it to run, but with my video card it had major chug.
Neat game, a lot of great, subtle sound design that really captures they way movies make you jumpy.
Otherwise, standard horror movie fare.
Ran for me just fine. The action is really cool, neat bullet time effects, fun explosions. Like krikkit said though, the nonaction stuff is full of the usual nonscary attempts at scaring you. Little girls running around and cielings dripping with blood. Yay.
-------------------------------See my tutorial site: Click here
Yeah I got it to run fine, it's has cool gameplay but it's annoyingly short for the 650mb download. I do look forward ot the full game, from the looks of things it has the Doom3 quality graphics, but better action with more enemies, and isn't fucking pitch black all the time, and even if it was, at least you can have your flashlight on while holding a gun.

-Mezz
I read about it at gamespy, looked at their testing system and shit a brick

2 gigs of RAM just to get it to move fluently? wtf?
"It's better to regret something you've done than to regret something you haven't done."
Is it me or are demos getting stupidly big these days?

I've just downloaded the Battlefield 2 Demo and this... they're both 650+ MB :(
__________________________________Peter Lewis ([email=me_AT_pjblewis.com]E-mail[/email] | Portfolio)
Yeah I think the specs might be just because things aren't optimised yet - there are still a few obvious glitches in the game that need solving before release, hopefully they'll improve performance too. I only have 1GB of RAM and it runs pretty nicely on my system though.

-Mezz
I really liked the demo. It ran fine for me as soon as I increased the swapfile to the double and cleaned the grafic card's fan (first time i ran a game that overheated my 6800 gt ^^). The scary parts were nice but even though they've been bragging about how "non-zombieslaughter"-like their horror is, it still relies too much on blood and gore (not scary). I jumped once while playing the demo though; very nice scene but I wont spoil it for you :)
-Lord Maz-
Worked awesome on my box. Shame it's so short. The HV Penetrator might be the best gun ever in an FPS.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement