C++ Games Video Tutorials

Started by
7 comments, last by ubersheep 17 years, 4 months ago
Hi everyone :D I'm a 2nd year Computer Games Programming student in Derby, England, and over the past 4 months we have been thrown through an intensive C++ course, which I found very useful but still very taxing. I was really bored over Christmas, so I decided to find out if it was feasable to make my own tutorials - so I made one. I wanted to make a tutorial that showed people how to make a game really quickly (I found that as soon as I could make a game in a language, that pushed me to want to learn more). Anyway, I tried hosting the video on google video, but they downsample the quality so that it's almost unreadable: http://tinyurl.com/ykxyux (Google Video) Can anyone recommend a good place to host videos of this nature, or something particular that I should say to Google videos? I've already complained that it appears too blocky and is unreadable, but their support staff sent me just a link to the default help page for video encoding, which I had already followed. Sorry if this is inappropriate or in the wrong place, appreciate any help and feedback! :D Scott PS Also, if you can make out anything on the video, can you tell me what you think please? There might be a bit missing at 4:30 I think, but you'll get the jist either way. Edit: Link broken [Edited by - ubersheep on January 8, 2007 4:28:57 PM]
Advertisement
Hmm... Not really sure. Could try something like www.filefront.com though??

edit: btw, the link won't work because it's too long.
are you wanting people watch them online then you could upload them to youtube or you can just host them on a frewebs link then give people the download link to it or there are plenty of online storage facilities.

-Yeah its like impossible to read what our typing on the screen but you have explined it well anyway.

PS: i was thinking of doing Game Programming at uni how is it? What do you think would be a better course to get into the games industry:

Computer Science ,
Software Engeneering
or Game Programming?

fixed link It is blocky as hell, is that really 640*480?
Two points to start with
1) Create an empty project instead of deleting the files generated.
2) In cpp main needs to have the prototype which returns an int.
Quote:Original post by BENOJ
are you wanting people watch them online then you could upload them to youtube or you can just host them on a frewebs link then give people the download link to it or there are plenty of online storage facilities.

-Yeah its like impossible to read what our typing on the screen but you have explined it well anyway.

PS: i was thinking of doing Game Programming at uni how is it? What do you think would be a better course to get into the games industry:

Computer Science ,
Software Engeneering
or Game Programming?

Side Winder - thanks for the link, I'll definately look into it.

I'd like it if people could watch the video online, and google video seemed really good for it - if not downloading would be a good alternative. I've sent off another email to Google complaining about it :D

About a games programming course, that's a REALLY great idea. It's really nice feeling, knowing you can get up and do what you love. There are many different areas you could get into, if you definately like the sound of actual programming, try and get into a University that has a Games Programming degree, if not it's much more important to get a programming degree. Anything else, employers might look down on.

Definately look for Games Programming if you can find a university that does it. I highly recommend Derby Uni if you're from around the UK, for more info consult the Xmas edition of Edge Magazine (I'm on the bottom of page 114 I think :D It's the page with Derby University on)
Games Programming courses usually involve more programming than the usual Computer Science course in case you were wondering!
Quote:Original post by ubersheep
...Xmas edition of Edge Magazine (I'm on the bottom of page 114 I think :D It's the page with Derby University on)

Did you crap your pants or is that a smile :)

Very good. I know you are trying to fix the quality and I really hope you do, I wish to show this to a friend and maybe I can get some ideas myself.
Don't forget to repost it once its fixed.
Thank you.
Quote:Original post by dmail
Quote:Original post by ubersheep
...Xmas edition of Edge Magazine (I'm on the bottom of page 114 I think :D It's the page with Derby University on)

Did you crap your pants or is that a smile :)

Hey! I was feeling really rough that morning - that had me come into uni at like 10am in the morning, I'd been out drinking the prev night :(

Quote:Don't forget to repost it once its fixed.

Will do :) and thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement