Rating

Started by
32 comments, last by Avatar God 17 years, 1 month ago
Hello guys ! my rating isnt very good, its hard to find people that find it good as been helped press and rate user if he is good and got helped with the problem. what should i do ? do anyone have some serious comments about this. have a wonderful coding day ! Cheers =)
"Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda- Software Engineer, - Computer Game Developer
Advertisement
Help more people, or keep a regular journal with pretty screenshots.
My advice:
1) Ignore the rating.
2) Be polite.
3) Try to help people.
4) Be polite.
5) See point 2 and 4.

The rating will take care of itself with time.
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
Quote:Original post by Ravuya

i have 2 questions regarding the journal,

1. how do i paste in code in the message i mean in a proper way
2. how do i attach pictures

. . . if there is any info about journal entries, ?

thanks for the answer, seem fair enough :P

"Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda- Software Engineer, - Computer Game Developer
Quote:Original post by e-Slave
Quote:Original post by Ravuya

i have 2 questions regarding the journal,

. . . if there is any info about journal entries, ?

thanks for the answer, seem fair enough :P

no idea about the code one, wait for a programmer for that. for images get a photobucket account and use that to host your images, or use imageshack.us. then use <*img src=""*> to post an image in your post (without the *'s).

-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
Quote:Original post by SimonForsman
2) Be polite.
3) Try to help people.

QFE :)

Basically, if you see someone asking for help and it is within your area of expertise, go for it. At the same time, try to avoid starting threads if the solution is something easily found with Google or the forum's search function. People don't like answering the same questions over and over. If you do need to start a thread, be polite about it, and describe your problem in great detail. Also, in the same vein, don't start any threads related to developing anything that starts with the letters "MMO" :)
Quote:Original post by lightbringer
Quote:Original post by SimonForsman
2) Be polite.
3) Try to help people.

QFE :)

Basically, if you see someone asking for help and it is within your area of expertise, go for it. At the same time, try to avoid starting threads if the solution is something easily found with Google or the forum's search function. People don't like answering the same questions over and over. If you do need to start a thread, be polite about it, and describe your problem in great detail. Also, in the same vein, don't start any threads related to developing anything that starts with the letters "MMO" :)

hahah that was a awsome answer man , hehe :P
Quote:Original post by e-Slave

1) use [source][/source] tags.

2) Put them in you GDNet+ space and then use img tags to post them.

See the FAQ

is it legal to use sprites from a game like say zelda or mario and use them in own projects ? if not i cannot post screenshots on my 2d project in my journal :(
If it's just placeholder art and you put some kind of disclaimer down, others have done it before.

If you're trying to release the actual game with that art, or you're passing it off as your own, then we'd have some problems.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement