Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

I suck at Sucking

Started by acidwillburnyou Jan 22, 2008 at 11:16 PM 4 replies 1.3k views
trojanman
trojanman
Yup. You sure do suck.

Was this thread not good enough for you?


slayemin
slayemin
hehehe, well I'll be anal with you then!

You say "I suck at sucking" which is supposed to imply "I'm awesome because I don't suck" but if you suck at sucking, then you suck at something so you can't suck at sucking because you would be sucking. Therefore, to suck at sucking would be a contradiction.

This works though:
"I am awesome at being awesome."
kevtimc
kevtimc
Quote:
Original post by slayemin
hehehe, well I'll be anal with you then!

You say "I suck at sucking" which is supposed to imply "I'm awesome because I don't suck" but if you suck at sucking, then you suck at something so you can't suck at sucking because you would be sucking. Therefore, to suck at sucking would be a contradiction.

This works though:
"I am awesome at being awesome."


He could still suck at something. He would just suck at sucking at it.
slayemin
slayemin
Quote:
Original post by kevtimc
Quote:
Original post by slayemin
hehehe, well I'll be anal with you then!

You say "I suck at sucking" which is supposed to imply "I'm awesome because I don't suck" but if you suck at sucking, then you suck at something so you can't suck at sucking because you would be sucking. Therefore, to suck at sucking would be a contradiction.

This works though:
"I am awesome at being awesome."


He could still suck at something. He would just suck at sucking at it.


The statement "I suck at sucking" can be rewritten to this without losing meaning: "I suck at all sucking"

"All sucking" is a universal 'sucking at everything'. Things he could universally suck at:
1. Starcraft
2. Chess
3. Programming
4. Being awesome
5. sucking (contradiction)
6. life
7. women
8. math
9. *insert subject*

To phrase it another way:
"I'm bad at being bad at everything."

Or

"I'm not good at being not good at everything"

Or

"I'm talentless at being talentless, including being talentless"
jbadams
jbadams
0_0
- Jason Astle-Adams

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.