UK Xbox 360 repair process

Started by
3 comments, last by alexmoura 15 years, 3 months ago
Hi all, Believe it or not I've been completely ignored on the official Xbox.com forums so I've come here to seek your guidance. My first 360 died on Wednesday night with one red light and error E73 on the screen. It was an August 2006 MFR and I bought it in January 2007 so no shame to it, it's had a damn good innings. Seeing as it's not RRoD and the repair portal tells me I'm 6 months out of warranty, I'm assuming I'm going to have to pay. I've got a few questions though:
  1. How much do you think it'll cost? Some people seem to suggest ~£60
  2. I live away from home at termtime, and my home address is linked to my Live account. Do I have to have it delivered to and from my home address or can I change my Live account address to my termtime address and have UPS deal with me directly? Home is 50 miles away.
  3. How long will it take, roughly?
Also, there are other options:
  1. Buy a brand new Arcade for ~£125. Gives me a new warranty.
  2. Attempt to break my beleaguered Premium ever further to give it RRoD and thus a free repair. Anyone ever done this and are Microsoft wise to that trick?
So what's the story? Do I phone support, go through the motions, get e-mailed shipping labels then phone UPS to pick it up for me? I know these seem like dumb questions, but I'm incredibly lucky in that I've had just the one 360 that has lasted this long. TIA, ukd.
Advertisement
Warranty is three years, not one. Just call up Microsoft. Unless they see some sort of physical modifications or something you did you shouldn't get charged anything.
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
Quote:Original post by zer0wolf
Warranty is three years, not one.

Apparently that's only for the RRoD though? I don't have that, I've only got one red light and an E73 error.

My xbox 360 had an E74 error at one point as well. I had opened it up previously so I could not send it back for warranty repairs, and I had no idea how to fix it myself. I did a little research and found the repair company www.videogame911.com . Within a day of them receiving my system they sent me an estimate for its repair. The day I paid they shipped it back to me. The whole process only took about a week and my system has never run better. I haven't had any problems and I strongly recommend them.
I'd phone support and ask them how much is the repair.

Trying to further break the box risks fragiliging other parts that might start failing after you get it back. Not to mention that it's tecnically fraud.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement