Do you love creating a Dungeon game? Searching for Team manager & game designer

Started by
26 comments, last by Tierce 14 years, 10 months ago

Dear developers, artists and designers! I'm forming a new indy gamedev+team and I'm searching for enthusiastic individuals who want to be part of this endeavour. Please read through the entire description and decide if you want to join in/contribute. Team name: Grimwood Group Project name: Working title: Bane - Escape from BlackMount Doom Brief description: I want to build a team of people, working on a DungeonMaster/Eye of Beholder-like successor. Coders, artists and game designers are invited to be part of a new team working together to develop the game. The game takes place in Black Mountain, in the deep dungeons once forged by the mighty dwarves. The player has to explore the dungeons deeper and deeper to unveil the secret of Black Mountain. In his journey he will encounter monsters trying to stop him and puzzles that have to be solved in order to immerge further. I'm currently working on the concepts of Bane and further develop it to the quality of current/nextgen games. So if you are skilled, love Dungeon Master and want your creativity accomplished in a game, please post your occupation, ideas and questions. You can see a review of the dungeon master game here:

">Dungeon Master review Target aim: Shareware/retail The plan is to have a downloadable demo with 3 free dungeon levels and the rest of the game can be purchased online. This will all be negotiated if the game progression is a success. Compensation: This project can't be paid for up-front. The motor here is certainly for the passion and fun of developing a game with a professional attitude, to have a good time learning and to be creative and to become friends with your team. It is also something that is a strong plus in your portfolio, because you will learn and grow with this project. A possible idea is to divide the *potential* revenue evenly among the team members or by amount of work if it is published. Although negotiating with a publisher or setting up an independent publishing platform is something which can be discussed after the game has overcome its infant state. Technology: Target system: Windows 32/64bit Programming language and/or tools: - XNA (Direct3D/C#) Artist tools: - 3dsMax 9+/Blender/Maya/other - ZBrush/Mudbox - Crazybump 2D Art - Photoshop/Painter/Gimp/other Talent needed: - Team Organizer Someone who is fluent in organizing a team. - Game designer We're looking for someone who is able to write a RPG design document - 2 Creature/Character artists modeling, animating and texturing creatures based on the design document and concept art You must be a strong communicator - the project heavily depends on communication because we develop over the internet. This is important! If you are interested in one of these positions, please be prepared to respond with the following once we exchange email addresses: - Cover letter describing your relevant experience - Links to work samples You MUST be over 21 to join this project or, if younger, provide strong samples of your work. Team structure: Ben R. - Lead Artist 3D (Germany) James P. - Programmer (UK) Steve D. - Programmer, Game designer (USA) Denise E. - Environment/3D Assets Artist (Brazil) Angus A. - Composer (Australia) Justin A. - Composer / SFX (USA) Don't wait too long or all positions will be filled before you have a chance. Website: Project Bane Contacts: Team manager - ultramarine@gmx.de (Ben R.) please indicate your age in a reply also. Previous Work by Team: several team members have experience with previous projects Additional Info: This section shows some samples of the game. I will add more items to this section as the project progresses: - fireball test - corridor - trapdoor - vault - poison dust Sample footage < link > Feedback: ANY Best regards and see you around, Ben [Edited by - Ultramarine77 on July 8, 2009 10:11:49 PM]
Advertisement
I have updated the samples, so you can check out the atmosphere of the game.
What can I do to increase interest in this project?

Most importantly we need 1-2 good coders, 1 game designer and experienced character/environment artists. Please let me know if I can accommodate you with something.

Best regards,
Ben
My suggestions is to do it the way Fumito Ueda of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus shows his game ideas to Sony...

Instead of making test renders of the effects, make animations of how you want the actual gameplay to work. Take time to animate how the character will move, what they will interact with, and what the skills they can do. Sure, you have a fire ball, but does the character shoot the fire ball with a wand, their hand, a pet dragon? And does the fire ball do damage or is it for solving puzzles.

Show how to use the pretty as it relates to the game :) And then people will have a better idea of what your project is about.
That sounds reasonable. I'm in the process of creating the game-concepts and will mold them with a couple of game-play animations, as you suggested to gain some momentum.
I think more people might be interested when the ideas are practical and visually in place.
1 programmer position [filled]
1 composer position [filled]
That sample footage looks really impressive.
samples updated. Still looking for: no.1 priority now - artists
1 Environment Artist joined our team, welcome Denise.

For all who came here, you can still apply for one of the open positions.
Email sent for game designer position.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement