Firefox Javascript Debugging?!

Started by
4 comments, last by MrCoolsman 13 years, 12 months ago
OK I don't know if you've seen my post in help wanted but I'm writing some pretty heavy &#106avascript code. The code is working perfectly on Opera, Internet Explorer (with google chrome frame), and of course Google Chrome. For some reason it seems like &#106avascript has some sort of error as it is not building the page properly. I have tried every single &#106avascript related debugging tool, but they all give me the ok, no errors. The physical layout of the page is fine, it just seems that the &#106avascript breaks at some point (which prevents further execution). I've tried firebug and that &#106avascript error console thing, but they all claim everything is all honkeydorey.
Advertisement
Did you try setting breakpoints and make sure it's getting to where you think it is. If it's an actual bug in Firefox's &#106avascript engine create a test case and submit a bug report. It's possible there's a bug. Also try the simple debugging method of removing things until it works.
Yeah I'm starting to think that.. I'm creating everything via the &#106avascript DOM interface so if theres any issues with it failure is quite possible. I'll just use my good ole' document.title debugging method :)
Use alert("It got here"). I often find it works good for debugging things quicker than opening firebug.
I wish firefox had the debugging features of google chrome and opera natively. I find the debugging plugins to be ~ok~, but nowhere near the level of those other two browsers. Makes it hard to get things working right sometimes..
Quote:Original post by essial
I wish firefox had the debugging features of google chrome and opera natively. I find the debugging plugins to be ~ok~, but nowhere near the level of those other two browsers. Makes it hard to get things working right sometimes..

Personally, I think firebug/web developer works well for firefox, but it doesn't work all the time. If you are using visual studio, the inline debugger works for internet explorer. Plus, if you want to develop for IE8, the dom tools that come with it (using F12) work very well too.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement