The Minas Tirith Project 56k = good luck

Started by
38 comments, last by Ysaneya 19 years, 9 months ago
I can only think of one word to describe that...

...DAMN...

-Greven
Advertisement
Loved your demo Awsome! (you should make it time based instead of frame based because I move way to fast)
______________________________________________________________________________________With the flesh of a cow.
most important question:

What lincense is this under? Are you going to make it free (as in freedom)? Creative Commons perhaps?

Please?

This would make an awesome CS map. de_minas. Bomb the heck out of that big pointy cliff.
ahhh yes the great Cgtalk collab. I to was working on that but did not have enought time. Gj keep it up i want to see this finished.
"Whirled Peas is how I think of world peace.""Ever stop to think about something and forget to start again?"
Quote:
(you should make it time based instead of frame based because I move way to fast)

It is already time based, but the default speed is already quite high, so that you can quickly move and rotate around the buildings. Press the right-CTRL key for slower movement and the right-SHIFT key for faster movement.

Quote:
What lincense is this under? Are you going to make it free (as in freedom)? Creative Commons perhaps?

Please?

This would make an awesome CS map. de_minas. Bomb the heck out of that big pointy cliff.

I do not hold the copyrights to the model itself so i cannot answer this.. from what i understood the model will be put in the public domain once it is finished.

However i have my doubts that CS could handle such a big model :) Don't forget it's hi-polycount.

Y.
Another test, with some textures, antialiased shadows x8, and a 100k tris church.

The quality of the model is pretty low, actually.. the geometry is fine but the textures are quite ugly, some tex coords are missing on some materials, etc.. It's only diffuse textures, but i'm working on implementing dot3 bump mapping and per-pixel specular exponent.

Y.
Awesome prooject idea, but is it actually legal?
____________________________________________________________AAAAA: American Association Against Adobe AcrobatYou know you hate PDFs...
That is truly an awesome piece of work! Keep it up, you guys!
Great work!

Will those models ever be fully avabile to DL somewhere?

(offtopic): And I'm starting to think there is something wrong with my system. On my Athlon 2.4 & GF-FX 5950 I'm getting half the framerate of those on screenshots. And no, I don't have vSync on, and yes, I have the latest drivers (some beta 61.xx... about a week old).
You should never let your fears become the boundaries of your dreams.
Quote:
Awesome prooject idea, but is it actually legal?

I don't know, maybe it is, maybe not. But it's not like we're ever going to distribute a game from it, even less sell it. Chances to get into trouble are pretty small.

Quote:
Will those models ever be fully avabile to DL somewhere?

Last time i talked to the artists, they wanted to complete the model before releasing it into the public domain. This might happen.. or not. Given the scale of the project, i have my doubts they'll be able to finish it in the next few years. But it's an interesting project never the less, and it allows me to test my 3D engine on some complex scenes.

Quote:
And I'm starting to think there is something wrong with my system. On my Athlon 2.4 & GF-FX 5950 I'm getting half the framerate of those on screenshots.

I'm storing the geometry in static VB/IBs (with ARB_vertex_buffer_object in OpenGL). I found VBO's performance to be generally lacking on NVidia cards, compared to VAR with an index buffer in system memory. If you haven't done it yet, i would suggest you to give a try to VAR. In one of my previous projects i had a 2 to 3x times increase compared to VBOs, but that was on a FX 5200.

Y.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement